Namlook DTS Discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Anybody familiar with any of these? I did a quick google and I found these available:
Pete Namlook/Wolfram Spyra - Virtual Vices
MOVE D & PETE NAMLOOK - Sons of Kraut
MOVE D & PETE NAMLOOK - Space & Time
Peter Namlook - Air: Jeux Dangereux
Pete Namlook/Tetsu Inoue - 2350 Broadway 4​
All were 2 disc sets with a DTS disc and a redbook disc. I was a little surprised that a search here didn't turn anything up.

i just got this one:
Pete Namlook/Tetsu Inoue - 2350 Broadway 4

haven't listened to it yet but will give a full review after i do!

Well, I got the itch and picked up a couple from Soleilmoon records (same place that sells the Bass Communion DVD-A). Will post back when I have had a listen.

2350 Broadway 4 sounds amazing. The surrounds put you in the middle of a dreamscape. Everything about this is great!

This is going to be the soundtrack to my sleep for years to come.

A+

I quite like "Pete Namlook/Wolfram Spyra - Virtual Vices"
Spyra adds bits of jazzy guitar, which is a nice touch the rest being electronics.

To add something new to this old thread I add another DTS 5.1 disk he made in the mean time. From his "ambient" series (with cheezy Pink Floyd references in the titles) he has made in collaboration with Klaus Schulze.
Klaus Schulze & Pete Namlook - Dark side of the Moog XI (The Heart of Our Nearest Star) (limited to 2000).

From what I heard it's just so so, YMMV.

For those interested in ambient, (mainly) electronic music in surround, mr. Namlook (Peter Kuhlman in real life) keeps releasing those DTS discs.

One of his projects "Move D - Namlook" (with David Moufang) is very productive. Maybe because the pieces are "recorded live at David's reSource studio in Heidelberg", so production is quick.

In 2007 they did the trilogy "Raumland", in 2008 they did a trilogy "Civilization" where the 3 parts can be thought of as Past, Present and Future.
Move D · Namlook XVI - Travelling the Silk Route
Move D · Namlook XVII - There!
Move D · Namlook XVIII - Sexoid

All mentioned discs from this project are limited to 500 each and contain a 5.1 DTS CD and a normal stereo CD.

Personally this is not the kind of music I enjoy very much, it's all a bit long winded to me. But at least this is another artist that sticks with surround.

The discs that I bought are well done both sonically and with very aggressive mixes. However, I don't find myself playing them often. Actually, once each was about it. I should pull them out again...

Back