It's Official....Beatles on DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobou2

The Following taken from abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/ (news section)

“AN EXTRAORDINARY NEW BEATLES PROJECT” - Entertainment Weekly

LOVE, is a fascinating reworking of numerous classic Beatles
recordings by the band’s original producer, Sir George Martin and his
son Giles.

LOVE, is also the title of the highly successful Cirque du Soleil show, a co-production with Apple
Corps, featuring the music of The Beatles, currently wowing audiences in Las Vegas.

In creating the music for the show and for the album, George and Giles have created a continuous
“soundscape” - a series of well-known Beatles songs augmented by additional instrumentation and
vocals taken from their vast bank of original multi-track tapes. If you can imagine “Strawberry Fields
Forever” beginning with John’s original demo before going into an early take of the song and then
climaxing in a musical collage including the piano solo from “In My Life” and the harpsichord pattern
from “Piggies” and lots, lots more - or “Get Back”, prefaced by the “Hard Day’s Night” opening guitar
chord, the guitar and drum solos from “The End” and segued into “Glass Onion”, you will begin to
get the picture. But hearing is believing!

The guys have pushed back the boundaries and come up with a brand new work that will add to the
enduring legacy of the band.

The result is an amazing album that not only reinforces the timeless quality of the group’s recordings

- the fans will have fun enjoying the roller coaster experience of the album whilst trying to spot where
all the pieces come from. It is also destined to open up a new legion of fans to The Beatles
experience.
BUY! HERE’S WHY!

STEREO CD will contain 78 minutes of newly mixed and mastered music packaged in a jewel box
with a 28-page booklet including liner notes by George and Giles Martin.

FIRST TIME EVER DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION will include both the stereo CD and a BONUS
AUDIO DVD packaged in a digi-package with O-card. The DVD is audio only and will contain 81
minutes of music in 5.1 surround sound (presented in DTS, Dolby and DVDA).

1-HOUR RADIO SPECIAL to air nationally and will include massive on air promotions.

PRESS / LAUNCH EVENT

- Pre-release playback’s planned for Los Angeles and NYC.
- Global multi-media launch planned for November.
- Major network news entertainment features.
- Satellite feed of EPK on street date forecasted to reach 50 million viewers.
- Major magazine and news publications expected to feature the LOVE story.
MASSIVE NATIONAL TV ADVERTISING planned to run on national network and cable outlets prerelease through December.

TOOLS TV spots, radio spots, project trailer, EPK, press images, 4-song audio sampler, audio sound
bites, radio programming, digital banners, admat.

POP Pre-release banners, posters, post cards, 1x1s and bin cards.

A 26 track release
featuring the following:
Because
Get Back
Glass Onion
I Am The Walrus
Drive My Car/The Word/What You’re
Doing
Blackbird/Yesterday
Strawberry Fields Forever
Within You Without You/Tomorrow
Never Knows
Octopus’s Garden
Lady Madonna
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
A Day In The Life
Hey Jude
All You Need Is Love
Deluxe Edition includes:
Stereo CD - same as above.
Audio DVD - audio only and will contain 81 minutes
of music in 5.1 surround sound presented in 3
different file formats (DTS, Dolby and DVDA).
IN STORES NOVEMBER 21, 2006 *PROVISIONAL STREET DATE (ORDER DUE DATE 10/27/06)
THE BEATLES
LOVE
DELUXE EDITION (CD+AUDIO DVD):
C2KT-79810
CD: C2PC-79808C
FILE UNDER: THE BEATLES
Artwork © 2006 The Cirque Apple Creation Partnership/Apple Corps Ltd.

# A reliable source tells us that people from EMI all over the world were at Abbey Road last week for the upcoming Love soundtrack. George Martin were present and spoke about the project of one CD with an extra dvd-audio (= surround). Possible a 4 track promo. Details will be given by Apple next week.

Great news (although it still seems to be too good to be true that we're getting a high profile title with DVD-A). It's interesting that the earlier songs from the show (such as "Help") seem to have been omitted from the list together with the new versions of stuff like "Revolution" and "Come Together". Maybe this is just due to space constraints but it would have been nice to get the complete list.

Last edited:
My money will be leaving my wallet!!!!
Thanks for the info! I'm REALLY looking forward to it!(y)

Guess you don't get much "higher" a profile than this! Great News!

Be interesting to see who does the 5.1 mix. I can't recall at the moment who did the Anthology mixes. Same guy did Lennon: Legend....Peter Cobbins maybe? He did a good job. Maybe he'll be doing it.

I had been having doubts that this release would actually be true DVD-Audio, but this news does indeed support what play.com states. It's starting to look very promising, afterall!

I couldn't find the info on abbeyrd.best.vwh.net, though.

I had been having doubts that this release would actually be true DVD-Audio, but this news does indeed support what play.com states. It's starting to look very promising, afterall!

I couldn't find the info on abbeyrd.best.vwh.net, though.

If that's the site I'm thinking of, it's like navigating thru a maze. Awful site, visually speaking.

Be interesting to see who does the 5.1 mix. I can't recall at the moment who did the Anthology mixes. Same guy did Lennon: Legend....Peter Cobbins maybe? He did a good job. Maybe he'll be doing it.

Isn't this the Martins? They did the surround mixes, mash ups, for the Vegas show didn't they? Or did they just "produce" the music, leaving the mix to someone else?

Isn't this the Martins? They did the surround mixes, mash ups, for the Vegas show didn't they? Or did they just "produce" the music, leaving the mix to someone else?

Not sure what Giles Martin's credentials are, but George Martin never "mixed" anything in his life. He always left that to the engineers (Norman Smith, Geoff Emerick, Phil McDonald etc...). Usually the engineer does the physical work, and the "producer" is the ideas man.

I can imagine all of the stoic, high-brows "putists" must be blowing thier tops, screaming that "I'll never buy it", now that there has been real confirmation. I would imagine that something like this would really disctract them from finding an obscure matrixed numbered disc of music that they have already purchased 50 times.

If it's not their way, it's the highway!

I can imagine all of the stoic, high-brows "putists" must be blowing thier tops, screaming that "I'll never buy it", now that there has been real confirmation. I would imagine that something like this would really disctract them from finding an obscure matrixed numbered disc of music that they have already purchased 50 times.

If it's not their way, it's the highway!

And I know it might rub SACD fans the wrong way, but a DVD-A is better since anyone with a DVD player can experience at the very least the lossy surround mix.

We've been waiting a long time for Beatles on dvd-a 5.1. This is a promising start. Maybe it's some kind of trial run by Sir George. Even if I buy this I know it's not what I really want. And if they ever do it right and start releasing each Beatle album on dvd-a I pretty sure I won't go back and ever play this release again. Call me a purist if you wish but to me the way John, Paul, George, and Ringo released it is the way I want to hear it.

We've been waiting a long time for Beatles on dvd-a 5.1. This is a promising start. Maybe it's some kind of trial run by Sir George. Even if I buy this I know it's not what I really want. And if they ever do it right and start releasing each Beatle album on dvd-a I pretty sure I won't go back and ever play this release again. Call me a purist if you wish but to me the way John, Paul, George, and Ringo released it is the way I want to hear it.

Sure! We still want the "real" thing. It's just that some folk poo-poo anything else, as if it were going to REPLACE the real thing. Too much else in life to worry about, and why deny the rest of the strange, weird and bizarre? :eek:

I am, I must say, really looking forward to this...it sounds magical in my head already.
Thanks, Dave, for the info. re mix etc.. When the 5.1 mix has been/is such an important part of the Vegas theatrical presentation, would the Martins not have had some kind of input?, and wasn't George responsible for the remixes of Help and Rubber Soul, released on CD in 1987, that nobody seems to like?. He gets the blame for them, anyway.

Back