• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1 Day Sale, 2 Japanese CD-4 sets

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad First

--> SORRY, SOLD ALREADY, GONE <----Hi, read carefully please: I am offering these two albums, the first of perhaps more, in a unique way. For those of you who remember the late Mike Robin, this will be in the same format as he used. I DO NOT HAVE these albums ready to ship. What I can do, is supply them, to fellow collectors. I am taking pre-orders for them. I have quad contacts worldwide, and since I already have multiple copies of each, I thought I'd share the wealth so to speak, and offer some to fellow collectors. DO NOT BID, if you are not prepared to wait up to 3 months to receive them. This is a complex process, involving many steps and middlemen, all of which I have in place to deliver the albums (or tapes) to me, and then to you. They are not in the United States presently. I am going to offer them to the first person who emails me within the next 24 hours. I must buy them in advance, then the long transfer process begins to get them to the USA, via bulk Sea shipment, hence the time factor. What I can guarantee is that they are rare, and that you will likely never see them on eBay. I can't offer them on eBay since I must have instant response, they are available now, perhaps not tomorrow. Further, to explain on eBay that shipping will take 3 months is not going to work. So, all you collectors, if you want to order, do so. There is only 1 copy of each available. When you send me the money via PayPal, I will in turn order them from my contacts. I will know within a few days after that, if we in fact own the albums. If I reply that they are reserved for you, you will get them in 3 months. If I cannot reserve them in a few days, I will refund your entire PayPal transfer. To clarify further, within a few days you will either receive confirmation that the album will be yours in 3 months, or you will get a refund of everything you sent via PayPal, less any transfer fees they charged me (I believe about 4.5% roughly). The purchase price listed below will only cover delivery to me in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA. Once they arrive here, I will contact you, and we then will determine shipping method and cost to your location. You will owe those costs as well. These fees will be charged at the exact rates from USPS, UPS, or whatever carrier method you choose, based on weight, no packing fees or extras. Thank you for reading all this. Please email with any questions, and remember, this is a pre-order concept. If it works out, I could share many other rarities that I pass up, due to having them in my collection already. Here are the albums: 1st, a 3 LP boxed set, marked NOT FOR SALE, a Japanese demonstration set. As you know, finding TRIO label CD-4's is nearly impossible, and while I have some, I never knew that they made a Jazz demonstration album. If you're a matrix buff, you also get a SQ and a QS disc in the box, probably not cataloged for sale elsewhere either. What you see is the only information I have on this boxed set, I have yet to receive my copy. 2nd, is an excellent Drum album by the famous US drummers shown on the back cover picture. I have had a copy of this for 20+ years, it's fantastic. Discrete sound, 1 drummer in each corner, with charts and info depicting the mix. Fidelity is superb, Philips CD-4's were mastered and pressed by JVC. This is a late 1975 mastering, on the Mark III CD-4 modulation system, JVC's last and finest achievement. Mastered at the JVC cutting center here in the USA, pressed in Japan of course.

To purchase, email me at: [email protected], I will then instruct you how to pay via PayPal. The first offer to purchase, by email received time, followed by instant payment via PayPal, will be the winner.

To speed communication on future offers, please Email me to be placed on my rarities sale list. I will then email you as a group, all at the same time to be fair, when I post new titles for this kind of 1 day instant sale.

Prices are as follows: TRIO TD-3,4,5 (3 LP Boxed set) $200 Philips double CD-4 Drum, Drum 4DX-52,53 $ 185 (please see next post for this picture)

Last edited:
NOTE: both above albums are sold already. Thanks to those who wrote so quickly. Below is a collage of others I have had access to, but please note, these are not currently available. If you want to know information on particular discs shown, please write. Thanks, Nick

Back