12 new SACDs from Dutton Vocalion in January 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon, you're missing the link between Kosmos (which had cd4, quad reel and quad 8 track release in USA) and the Daphnis CD4:
The Bermuda Triangle.
That too was a Jap-cd4-only release.

And don't forget his:-

More Images

Tomita ‎– Stereo Pop Special-121
Label:
BBC Transcription Services ‎– CN 2552/SQ
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Transcription, Quadraphonic
UK
Released:
24 May 1976

https://www.discogs.com/Tomita-Stereo-Pop-Special-121/release/11615768

and:-

富田勲* ‎– Switched On Hit & Rock
Label:
CBS/Sony ‎– SOLL-4
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Quadraphonic, SQ
Japan
Released:

https://www.discogs.com/富田勲-Switched-On-Hit-Rock/release/6476630

(from Discogs.com)

And don't forget his:-
More Images
Tomita ‎– Stereo Pop Special-121
Label:
BBC Transcription Services ‎– CN 2552/SQ
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Transcription, Quadraphonic
UK
Released:
24 May 1976

https://www.discogs.com/Tomita-Stereo-Pop-Special-121/release/11615768

and:-

富田勲* ‎– Switched On Hit & Rock
Label:
CBS/Sony ‎– SOLL-4
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Quadraphonic, SQ
Japan
Released:

https://www.discogs.com/富田勲-Switched-On-Hit-Rock/release/6476630

(from Discogs.com)

that Switched On Hit & Rock is bonkers! no idea how accurate it decodes but the SQ thru the Surround Master has all sorts of stuff popping up all over the place, its a hoot! it'd be a great one for DV to do from the master tapes!

I wasn't aware of the BBC record, quite intresting. Never seen it before and, guess what, no disc for sale.
Since some BBC SQ went released in official or semi-official form, anyone knows if this Tomita did make another appareance in other form?

oh crikey.. i wouldn't read into my witterings too much, i'm always putting two and two together and making five point one.. but i hadn't realised it had been that long since he last popped by! i hope he comes back soon and posts some more cool stuff!
if i were him i'd make writing about music a full-time gig. maybe that's what he's doing, locked up in his study writing a book or something.. i mean, who else today is writing about our hobby with more enthusiasm and knowledge! come back steelydave all is forbidden! forgotten! forgiven! four channel! err.. what were we talking about again!? :ROFLMAO:

Now that's what I call a witty comment - top drawer, Adam, top drawer :giggle:

I have a tape of the 10cc Biscuit. Same show as the Silverline, but they stripped the SQ off of it and fake 5.1ed the stereo track. My tape, however, decodes just fine. DV could do wonders with it. Kinks' Soap Opera broadcast is also great quad (Ray even talks about it being in quad during the broadcast).

I had no idea The Kinks had anything in quad ? Thanks for the heads up Larry .

Note:

Not available on dvd that I'm aware of anyways but Ray Davies videotape in the 80's Waterloo Station was in dolby surround . Twas kind of a short movie , with cool tunz.

I wasn't aware of the BBC record, quite intresting. Never seen it before and, guess what, no disc for sale.
Since some BBC SQ went released in official or semi-official form, anyone knows if this Tomita did make another appareance in other form?

Back in the late 70's ? Ron Brain sent me an SQ encoded cassette of the BBC broadcast of Tomita , which was a rebroadcast on Australian Radio , public FM radio I think , of some BBC SQ concerts excerpts.........Ronnie Aldrich , Isao Tomita........and I think Rick Wakeman.

oh crikey.. i wouldn't read into my witterings too much, i'm always putting two and two together and making five point one.. but i hadn't realised it had been that long since he last popped by! i hope he comes back soon and posts some more cool stuff!
if i were him i'd make writing about music a full-time gig. maybe that's what he's doing, locked up in his study writing a book or something.. i mean, who else today is writing about our hobby with more enthusiasm and knowledge! come back steelydave all is forbidden! forgotten! forgiven! four channel! err.. what were we talking about again!? :ROFLMAO:

Well those Tomita liner notes are all in Japanese , so...........translation will be a task and a half , good buddy. Arigato , Mr.Roboto !! :)

They're all here! :love:
Yeay! :LB
Next day delivery.. wow! o_O

DFB52BA3-C059-4F45-B46A-22DA159438B3.jpeg

61EDF708-3F63-4E5A-BEF0-D97DBAD14B76.jpeg

our man fizzy will be pleased, the Tomita liner notes are in Engrish! i mean English! taken from the Bolero U.S. 1980 release notes :giggle:

FF15E195-80C1-4957-BE09-6BD18DC2920C.jpeg

going thru the other 7 new MultiCh releases, several reproduce the original Quad release liner notes and 1 or 2 are more sparse with just photos of the artists (Charlie Rich, Percy Faith). can't wait to feed my player with these little yum yum's!! :phones

Back