2021 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello @haikubass Just thought I'd give you a heads up.....
Re :
Loreena McKennitt - The Visit , Atmos , and 5.1 Bluray on Disc #5.......(.and Disc #4 is the whole album in Binaural.)

You may want to change that release date from 9/24 , to 9/17. as I picked up my copy this past Saturday ,
the 18th of September at a local vendor .

-Fizzy ;)

View attachment 71615View attachment 71616View attachment 71617
Wow 😯
Maybe they gave the Canadian market a jump on things since she is a local gal?
Please report back re: sound!
🔈 🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis' Volume One album is the latest IAA release. I haven't heard the full Auro 11.1 decode, but it sounds pretty sweet in 5.1 & 7.1 (there are some fun swirling passages at the beginning of a few tracks). If you like modern R&B, don't hesitate to check this out - plus, it may encourage more from Auro & BMG down the line.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/volume-one-jam-lewis-auro-3d-flac/

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis' Volume One album is the latest IAA release. I haven't heard the full Auro 11.1 decode, but it sounds pretty sweet in 5.1 & 7.1 (there are some fun swirling passages at the beginning of a few tracks). If you like modern R&B, don't hesitate to check this out - plus, it may encourage more from Auro & BMG down the line.
Thanks, looks like a good one to try!
I don't see a PayPal option; think you guys will have that in the future?

@sjcorne - thank you for posting this. Long time fan of this duo. Just purchased and downloading (individual tracks are +600Mb each).
The vocalists are a who's / who of R&B. Amazing. Easily worth the $24USD. Thanks again.

Tell Bruce Soord we need his 5.1 'All This Will Be Yours'

Also I believe he did a 5.1 mix of one of his other solo albums, maybe the self titled that was available for only a short time digitally

I have Versions of the Truth in Blu-ray. Which one should I buy next?

If you liked the songs on Versions, the new live release is a no-brainer. As for other studio albums - Dissolution is a bit more upbeat and commercial-sounding than the other two, but the 5.1 mix is pretty tame. The bonus 're-imagined' acoustic songs have a lot more going in the rears, and are worth the price of admission alone. The acoustic "Threatening War" is a surround demo track for me.

Your Wilderness has a good mix of harder rock ("Tear You Up") and mellower acoustic/soundscape-y pieces ("That Shore" is one of my personal favorite TPT songs). The 5.1 mix is about as adventurous as Versions - lots of discrete vocal harmonies and guitars in the rears - but sonically it's a bit muddy in spots. Again, the bonus acoustic songs are fantastic. Versions is the best of the three, for content and mix/fidelity.

If you liked the songs on Versions, the new live release is a no-brainer. As for other studio albums - Dissolution is a bit more upbeat and commercial-sounding than the other two, but the 5.1 mix is pretty tame. The bonus 're-imagined' acoustic songs have a lot more going in the rears, and are worth the price of admission alone. The acoustic "Threatening War" is a surround demo track for me.

Your Wilderness has a good mix of harder rock ("Tear You Up") and mellower acoustic/soundscape-y pieces ("That Shore" is one of my personal favorite TPT songs). The 5.1 mix is about as adventurous as Versions - lots of discrete vocal harmonies and guitars in the rears - but sonically it's a bit muddy in spots. Again, the bonus acoustic songs are fantastic. Versions is the best of the three, for content and mix/fidelity.
Thanks for the info. I might get Dissolution and Your Wilderness. I mean, the price is really good and tempting for two surround mixes!

I have sampled the recent live release on Tidal (both stereo and surround) and I found mixing the vocals in the rear speakers quite strange. Perhaps it works better with the video on?

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the info. I might get Dissolution and Your Wilderness. I mean, the price is really good and tempting for two surround mixes!

I have sampled the recent live release on Tidal (both stereo and surround) and I found mixing the vocals in the rear speakers quite strange. Perhaps it works better with the video on?

Thanks again :)

can I point out to you, if you buy the “Where we stood” cd / blu ray it includes Your wilderness and 8 years later in surround with lots of bonus tracks and two versions of the concert also in surround, a no brainer and amazing value for money

I'm proud to report that The Pineapple Thief's entire 5.1 catalog is now available on IAA! If you haven't already purchased the Blu-Rays, don't hesitate to check these out.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/nothing-but-the-truth-the-pineapple-thief-atmos-mkv/

So with the mkv of this what content from the blu-ray does it *not* include?

For example the 6 documentary shorts, the 4 music videos mixed in Atmos, the 'drumcam' footage of Gavin Harrison's performance in its entirety etc.

So Fourplay - Fourplay was released on DVDA but is coming to SACD now I see.
Any word on it as to remixing or? Or plans to re-release Energy on SACD again?
Bob James and Nathan East are two busy guys but would love to see some new Fourplay in surround in addition to older stuff. I think besides the two above titles I have DVD's of Live In Capetown (DTS .1) and Live In Tokyo (DD 5.1 IIRC)
I think that's about it for surround titles.

So Fourplay - Fourplay was released on DVDA but is coming to SACD now I see.
Any word on it as to remixing or? Or plans to re-release Energy on SACD again?
Bob James and Nathan East are two busy guys but would love to see some new Fourplay in surround in addition to older stuff. I think besides the two above titles I have DVD's of Live In Capetown (DTS .1) and Live In Tokyo (DD 5.1 IIRC)
I think that's about it for surround titles.
I believe everything we know so far points towards using the original Don Murray 5.1 mix, perhaps remastered.
Now, it's kinda weird the SACD is not listed on evo88.com yet...
No other (re-)release plans that I'm aware of.
Thanks for the heads up! I need to check out those live titles.

Back