4 New Surround Sound SACD Albums from Dutton Vocalion (Aug 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAY!! They're here..!! :wave :woopie :worthy

t2zClhz.jpg

Wow, you guys! Got your orders already?? That seems unusually fast... :mad:@:
Maybe I'll get mine unusually fast as well. :)

Still waiting for a shipping confirmation and tracking number here. :)
Glad to hear the shipments have begun. A good sign.

Still waiting for a shipping confirmation and tracking number here. :)
Glad to hear the shipments have begun. A good sign.

I placed my order a week ago, and I have heard nothing other than the original automated order acceptance. So far, I am not impressed.
Other online sellers usually ship immediately (there was no indication on their web site that it was a preorder), or they send periodic updates.

I placed my order a week ago, and I have heard nothing other than the original automated order acceptance. So far, I am not impressed.
Other online sellers usually ship immediately (there was no indication on their web site that it was a preorder), or they send periodic updates.

Same thing here. Although the last time I ordered from them, I never got a shipping confirmation e-mail, but the package did show up in a relatively timely manner, so I'm not worried yet......

If you are ordering from Vocallion, get used to it. As far as I know, they will not (even though they say they will) send any further emails regarding shipment of your order. I've ordered multiple times, and even spent more for tracking. Never seen 1 email from them.

This will not stop me from ordering, no chance. I admit, it annoys me - but whatever. I've got so many things on order, from various vendors, I'm lucky I can remember half of them. :)

Same thing here. Although the last time I ordered from them, I never got a shipping confirmation e-mail, but the package did show up in a relatively timely manner, so I'm not worried yet......

Thanks for the reply. They should be careful with Internet sales though. I was a couple of days away from contacting my credit card company to tell them I was scammed. I have never dealt with these people before. Who knows?

YEAY!! They're here..!! :wave :woopie :worthy

t2zClhz.jpg

Thanks for the picture fredblue

Please, can you post a picture of the SACDs back covers?

I ordered on July 28, The Jimmy Castor Bunch: Dimension III and Pure Prairie League: Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits SACDs

This is the first time I placed an order directly from Dutton-Vocalion website and from what I read here it will take a long time to arrive at my house in Charlotte, North Carolina. USA.

In the past I ordered Vocalion SACDs from Presto Classical website (UK Company, this time they did not have these SACDs on inventory yet) and the various package arrived at my home in less than a week.

Can't wait!!!

Thank you.

Regards,

Last edited:
I sent them an email a few days back and they provided a tracking number - shipment sent August 2nd.

Pure Prairie League & Return To Forever are special.

Superb quadraphonic mixes. Tonally gorgeous. Return To Forever is remarkable.

I'm not sure about the other two. The bloke with the saxophone doesn't quite do it for me, and the other one struck me as weird. Good mixes, good mastering, not sure about the music.

But Pure Prairie League & Return To Forever are indeed wonderful.

Thanks for the reply. They should be careful with Internet sales though. I was a couple of days away from contacting my credit card company to tell them I was scammed. I have never dealt with these people before. Who knows?

D-V are a very small company, so unlike multi-billion dollar tax-avoiders like amazon they don't have the staff to provide the same kind of shipping logistics. They're aware of the complaints about lack of shipping confirmation, and working to provide a more robust shipping experience - but by the same token, is it really necessary to threaten the nuclear option when a quick email to them would get you the information you're after? The people who work at D-V are releasing this music are doing so because they care about it - a lot - and they're all incredibly helpful and friendly so if you get in touch I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you. The company has been in the reissue business for nearly 20 years (with many thousands of releases and even more happy customers) so it seems unlikely that they've taken your £10 and absconded to Mexico without sending your discs.

Many, many Thanks fredblue

Kind regards,

you're welcome :)

don't they look cute! :p
to me, pretty much everything about these releases is done with an eye for detail, even down to things like the colour schemes used on the spines and the inlay art on the rear of the jewel case being a close match for the art on the old Quad LPs in a couple of instances!

across the board the sound quality is (imho) second to none, the Pure Prairie League is the 'brightest' sounding of the new August foursome, to me it sounds like the master tapes were absolutely pristine, it has a touch more top end sheen to the sound than the RTF, Santana & Jimmy Castor but they're all a joy to listen to.. the Return To Forever needs a good crank of the master volume to really kick in that wow factor on my setup but its so superior to the SQ LP and the Q8 conversion I've heard its not even funny (and they to me are excellent examples of SQ and Q8..) the Jimmy Castor walks all over my 2 copies of the CD-4 LP, both in terms of fidelity and separation .. and the Santana, weird as it is as an album (imho) the surround mix by Glen Kolotkin is --- awesome, I think you're all gonna love the mix...!!! the liner notes are now full of interesting info and commentary and genuinely worth reading. I do try and read liners as often as possible but sometimes you're a paragraph in and you just know its gonna be a snoozefest, ok I'm biased somewhat but Dave's essays for Dutton Vocalion ably straddle that line between the factual and the anecdotal keeping it an interesting read along while you're listening to all that glorious sounding Quad music pouring out of all the speakers (and whaddya know they get it all in the right channels too! :D ).. keep up the exemplary work DV.. and roll on September!! :upthumb

Back