Dual Disc AC/DC Back In Black Dual Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattB2

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Has anyone else noticed a fault on the DVD side? Track 2 seems to have a tape or pressing fault at 3.26 which is not present on the CD side. The disc itself looks fine with no scratches or other surface markings so it looks as though it's something to do with the mastering/pressing. So much for "hi-res" stereo!

mattB2 said:
Has anyone else noticed a fault on the DVD side? Track 2 seems to have a tape or pressing fault at 3.26 which is not present on the CD side. The disc itself looks fine with no scratches or other surface markings so it looks as though it's something to do with the mastering/pressing. So much for "hi-res" stereo!
Refer to http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=47893

Thanks for the info. It looks as though there's a defective batch (or maybe all) of these particular dual discs about. DD stereo wasn't helping the cause very much but defective DD stereo is a disgrace.

Yeah, the "superior" stereo sound doesn'r sound "superior to me.

It's 48k 16 bit PCM. BIG FRIGGIN DEAL!!! :mad:

Waste of money....

Doesn't surprise me...and, it not being 5.1, didn't bother purchasing it, the original vinyl I have is enough.

Sux that so many of these Dual's are not 5.1...and many that are just aren't of interest to me, very little in the way of catalog....bleh....

ED

An ancient way of music reproduction, where a broad spectrum of sound and audio images were forced out of two pitiful channels. It was based on the archaic philosophy that the human being has only two ears, therefore sound reproduction from two sources would be adequate for the correct sound recontruction.

JonUrban said:
An ancient way of music reproduction, where a broad spectrum of sound and audio images were forced out of two pitiful channels. It was based on the archaic philosophy that the human being has only two ears, therefore sound reproduction from two sources would be adequate for the correct sound recontruction.

You should post this on that "other" forum.

JonUrban said:

Someone actually used the "you only have two ears" argument to my face a few months back (this after I had just explained my love of multichannel audio). I smiled politely as I would with a slightly slow child and, with a brief mention that we can currently percieve more than one spatial dimension, sent him on his way with a nice cookie...

bizmopeen said:
Someone actually used the "you only have two ears" argument to my face a few months back (this after I had just explained my love of multichannel audio).

Gads, I hate that! With such brain dead logic, all orchestras should be composed of two musicians! :confused:

neil wilkes said:
This disc is being sold as DVD-Audio 5.1/2.0 at www.dvd4music.com
They have a whole set of DVD-V dualDisc all being sold as DVD-Audio.

The only question is, do we forgive them on the basis of ignorance (hey, there isn't a person in the land who wouldn't believe a plea like that?!?); i.e. they haven't a clue what they are selling thanks to lack of understanding on their part, or vilify them as cynical fiends... :rolleyes:

bizmopeen said:
Someone actually used the "you only have two ears" argument to my face a few months back (this after I had just explained my love of multichannel audio). I smiled politely as I would with a slightly slow child and, with a brief mention that we can currently percieve more than one spatial dimension, sent him on his way with a nice cookie...

The way I figure it, the FIRST time someone said it it could have been seen as being clever; but now it is just cliche and boring ... kinda the equivalent of "oh yeah, well so are you". They need a bit of imagination ... some independent thought. Naw, never mind ... to much to hope for. Mike.

Back