Adobe Audition 3 question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I've been using Adobe Audition 1.5 for a long time because it would allow me to monitor 5.1 mixes through my old sound card, and later versions of Adobe Audition would not. I recently upgraded my sound card and decided to try a surround mix with Adobe Audition 3.01, and I'm having a strange problem. If I place an instrument in, say, just the front channels, when I export the mix or choose "play all" to see how my mix sounds, there is significant bleed in the rear channels. If I click on "play track" from the surround encoder, it only comes out of the front channels as it should. I don't know where to begin trouble shooting this problem. Can anyone help me?

J. D.

Well, I figured it out only minutes after my original posting. In the surround encoder, listed among all the individual tracks is a track called "master." When I unchecked this, all of the channel bleed went away. Why this should be so, I don't know.

I have some friends that I play completely improvised music with (i.e.: 20 minute 1-chord jams) in one of our basements. One of the players has a Fostex 16-track digital recorder. He records it, I mix it in stereo and surround. It's very unstructured music that we enjoy, but I wouldn't subject anyone else to it.

Well, I figured it out only minutes after my original posting. In the surround encoder, listed among all the individual tracks is a track called "master." When I unchecked this, all of the channel bleed went away. Why this should be so, I don't know.

Is the master set to two channels?

I have some friends that I play completely improvised music with (i.e.: 20 minute 1-chord jams) in one of our basements. One of the players has a Fostex 16-track digital recorder. He records it, I mix it in stereo and surround. It's very unstructured music that we enjoy, but I wouldn't subject anyone else to it.

Reminds me of jams I used to record with friends. :)

Edit: we had just four tracks,

Back