Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm digging that David Sanborn solo on the title track!
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 8.08.37 AM.png
8.63 on our poll
thread

Flaming Lips . Zaireeka .
My second time in about 20 years playing this awkward album. I've managed to get it in near perfect sync.
Disc 1. Dvd player through the main speakers.
Disc 2. Sony boombox
Disc 3. CD player with mini speaker plugged into its phones socket.
Disc 4. Played via Spotify over Bluetooth jbl speaker.
View attachment 105512
1000020462.jpg

Attachments

• 20240515_123053.jpg
    16.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Donny Hathaway EXTENSION OF A MAN [ATCO/BD~A 4.0/192/24] As Clement asserts MAJESTIC! Truly stunning on every level! From the 1/2 inch QUADRAPHONIC MASTER TAPES

Donny Hathaway’s final studio album, EXTENSION OF A MAN, released in 1973, was a collaborative effort with renowned musicians Stanley Clarke (Return to Forever), Fred White, Al Kooper, Billy Preston, and many more. The album featured the transcendent track “Someday We’ll All Be Free,” which featured lyrics from Hathaway’s close friend and manager, Edward Howard.

Extension Of A Man (QUADIO) (BLU-RAY AUDIO)

Donny Hathaway EXTENSION OF A MAN [ATCO/BD~A 4.0/192/24] As Clement asserts MAJESTIC! Truly stunning on every level! From the 1/2 inch QUADRAPHONIC MASTER TAPES

Donny Hathaway’s final studio album, EXTENSION OF A MAN, released in 1973, was a collaborative effort with renowned musicians Stanley Clarke (Return to Forever), Fred White, Al Kooper, Billy Preston, and many more. The album featured the transcendent track “Someday We’ll All Be Free,” which featured lyrics from Hathaway’s close friend and manager, Edward Howard.

Extension Of A Man (QUADIO) (BLU-RAY AUDIO)
Right!?! Coming on the heels of "I Love the Lord; He Heard My Cry, Pts. 1 & 2," which Hathaway arranged and orchestrated for 45 musicians, makes "Someday We'll All Be Free" truly transcendent. What a blessing this Quadio is! All Hail @ForagingRhino !

Right!?! Coming on the heels of "I Love the Lord; He Heard My Cry, Pts. 1 & 2," which Hathaway arranged and orchestrated for 45 musicians, makes "Someday We'll All Be Free" truly transcendent. What a blessing this Quadio is! All Hail @ForagingRhino !
One of the real surprises on Extension of a Man was Donny's cover of singer/songwriter Danny O'Keefe's MAGDALENA from his extraordinarty album BREEZY STORIES on the ATLANTIC LABEL. It would be a REAL coup if RHINO could locate those multitracks and release a BD~A of this cult album!

Yahoo!オークション - LP レコード Danny O'keefe ダニー オキーフ Bre...

Hot Tuna BURGERS [GRUNT/Pure Audio BD~A 192/24] An unexpected delight from members of the Jefferson Airplane

Hot Tuna’s Burgers, released in February of 1972, marked the distinction between Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady’s work with Jefferson Airplane. The band's debut studio album is filled with acoustic folk rock and electric acid rock gems like ”Water Song” and “Highway Song” featuring David Crosby. “By this time, we had worked in the studio with Jefferson Airplane for more than half a decade, but this was Jack’s and my first chance to give studio substance to the music that had been growing acoustically in hotel rooms and onstage with Hot Tuna.” – Jorma Kaukonen

Burgers (QUADIO) (BLU-RAY AUDIO)

Back