2023, The year of Surround.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Wow, what a year for the surround enthusiasts.
I rip all my music and play all my music through JRiver, all tagged properly, etc.
I opened up my JRiver this morning and I have 387 album recordings, stereo, 4.0 and 5.1.
I have 68 Atmos recordings.
That's 455 separate recordings for 2023.
This includes, using one example, Who's Next, has Atmos album and Atmos Bonus, same for 5.1 and 2.0, plus 10 CD's for a total of 16 separate recordings or whatever you want to call them.
So of these separate 455 recordings a lot came from the same releases.
My favorite 2023 release was The Pineapple Thief-How Did We Find Our Way (1999-2006).
#2 was Ten Years After-A Space In Time SDE#7.
My biggest disappointment, The Who-Whos Next Big Box set. I think the problem lies with me. I was expecting so much, I have listened to this so much within my life, concerts, albums, radio, cassettes, CD's and TV, that even when I heard it in glorious Atmos, it didn't grab me like I thought it would.

Of course how can I even begin to be subjective as to the best and worst, an impossible task. Some stereos where better than some surrounds, you get the point.
The biggest thing was surround music, definitely since I started listening to surround music in 2014, this past 2023 was by far the biggest in surround.
Actually the biggest fault I can find with 2023 was the time for quality listening, seemed like I did a lot of speed listening kind of like speed reading.

How about you? Love to hear your thoughts and comments.

I'm shocked how much surround music was released in 2023. I also can't believe how much money I spent on it. By far, the most titles I've purchased in 1 year, and the most money spent in 1 year.

I dunno, I think my biggest joy is Rhino's new program of Quadios. So much fun, so much to look forward to. So much fun on the forum trying to figure out what's next. Of course, getting Paranoid in quad was a dream come true.

I'm shocked how much surround music was released in 2023. I also can't believe how much money I spent on it. By far, the most titles I've purchased in 1 year, and the most money spent in 1 year.

I dunno, I think my biggest joy is Rhino's new program of Quadios. So much fun, so much to look forward to. So much fun on the forum trying to figure out what's next. Of course, getting Paranoid in quad was a dream come true.
I can, I spent a staggering amount

Back