Alan Parsons Concert

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Berichon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Man, what a fun evening!

It's great to put some faces to names on this wonderful website.

It was a great show.

I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow.

Many thanks to Tad for all his hard work to get this thing to happen!

I can't wait for the pics.
QuadBob, Gerardo and his wonderful wife Fabiola just left here about 30 minutes ago (10:00 pm) on their way to Judy's (?) place in Santa Rosa. They are all very gracious and fun people to be around. We enjoyed dinner and stories, as well as getting QB to do a bit of adjusting on my Sansui AU-D11's. We didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked, but I know that they will be up here again for a longer visit. Especially QB on his Motorcycle.
They have some great stories from this weekends meet and greet with the one and only Alan Parsons, his band, and other QQ members.
Drive safe guys, and get those pictures and stories together so the rest of us can live vicariously through your experience.
Thanks Bob, Gerardo and Fabiola for stopping buy and gracing my home with your presence. I had a great time.

Lonster

A Picture of the stage:

Attachments

• Parsons Concert Stage.jpg
    Parsons Concert Stage.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 152
There ar indeed a few nice pictures from the stage and meetings of fans. But now I am interested to read something about the concert self and the sound, who was reproduced. Was it the usual front stage sound or was the orchestra sound splitted for an around listening (with loudspeakers in the rear)? So I am curious for more reports, because I could then make also accounts of this concert for the fans here with our fan-paper, which is in preparation now. Not all of the fans will work with a PC and so the paper is further on important.

Hi Lonny

it is 3:30 AM monday, we just arrive home from our road trip to Eugene OR, we are very very tired, but we had a blast, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderfull Wife Robin, more later i'm going to crash into my Bed and wake up in the next day or so, will post some pictures and stuff later many thanks to Tad, Deb,Judy, Bill, Cindy, Jim, Dylan, Lonny, Robin Gerardo

Well as I mentioned in the other thread.......the AP concert was just a total experience!(y)

Alan's current band lineup sounded fantastic, and the addition of the Eugene Symphony was just total icing on the cake! The Hult Center in Eugene is definitely a "world class" venue........so the sound was extraordinairy!

APJConcert3.jpg

There wasn't a "bad" seat or view in the Hall, and during the intermission we shifted up to the balcony for these shots.

AlanatConcertCloseup.jpg

My understanding is that the entire show was videotaped and multi-tracked recorded, so hopefully in the future they'll produce a fantastic concert video! I know I'll be first in line to buy it!!:banana:

I'm horrible when it comes to set lists, so I'll leave that to the others....I just know I recognized everything they played....and it was a great set list with plenty of "classic" AP, and some great selections of his newer material.

After the concert, we all got to go backstage for a "meet and greet" with AP and the band. I had brought along a few "treasured" titles for AP's signature, and got a big grin from Alan when I brought out my Mobile Fidelity lps of I Robot and Tales of Mystery and Imagination. Then for the real coup, I had him sign my DSOTM DVDA!!!:banana:

AlanwithGerardoandFabiola.jpg

QuadG and wife with Alan.

AlanwithDylan.jpg

Dylan Berichon with Alan

AlanwithJim.jpg

Roundhousequad (Jim) with Alan

We all had a great time, and I know it took Quadtrade and Debbie months of hard work, headaches, panic attacks, and details, details, details........to put together a superb concert. If you missed it........pray for a DVD release!!

QB

Hi everyone! QB, QG and his lovely wife Fabiola came through Santa Rosa on their way to Eugene. QB had completed a tune up on my 9001 and hand delivered it to me. Now that's service! While Bob was setting up the 9001, I was attempting to prepare dinner. The music and these lovely people were very stimulating, to say the least. We had a fun evening, and after everyone crashed, the "Energizer Bunny" (aka QB) was still going. I kept him company and we listened to more music until 2:00am(?) and he gave me some quad tips along with technical info on the decoder. This was worth staying up for! They took off the next morning for Eugene. For those of us that didn't make it to the concert, hopefully a DVD will be available soon. Sunday morning, on their return trip home, QB,QG and Fabiola stopped by for a cup of coffee and shared their experience with us. They were charged up like a group of kids with big smiles on their faces. I didn't really need to ask "how was the concert". Our daughter, Cindy, got to meet the gang and we played some more music provided by QB&QG that woke the neighborhood up. I don't know if anyone noticed Gerardo's new "cool" Avatar; if not, check it out. I will let him tell you the story behind it. It was a memorable trip for all and my family and I really enjoyed hearing about the concert. We hope QB,QG&Fabiola will pay us a visit again in the near future.

Judy

So, QuadG his wife Fabiola and I were bombing down Hwy 101 on the coast Saturday afternoon trying to make Lonster's for dinner, and my bladder said it was time to make a quick pit stop!:eek:

As we passed through numerous little towns on the coast, I spotted a Burger King with easy access and called the pit stop.....no eating (as we were headed for dinner anyway), just a quick stop for relief.

I ran in to do my business, and when I came out.......there was QuadG standing in the Burger King looking at the ceiling and he said "I want that!!". I looked up, and my jaw dropped..........."Me too!!". Now then, it was midafternoon......so the place wasn't crowded, but there were a few people lounging around. QuadG started in........"how do we get it?", "maybe we can just snatch it and run"..........."what if you caused a distraction, then I grab it and get outside"........me "I can reach it I think, but no way to do it discretely".......let's go outside. So now we're standing outside the Burger King looking through the window like two little kids staring at a toy they know they can't have! Our conversation continues........."you get in the car and get ready to take off.......I'll go in, snag it.......and we jump in the car and make a run for it" "do you think they'd call the cops??", while we were discussing strategy........Fabiola comes out from the restroom, overhears our conversation and just turns and walks back inside.............. (we didn't know why, and didn't learn the following until after she came back):

Fabiola at the counter of the Burger King: "Can I speak to the Manager?"
Scared kid behind the counter: "Is there a problem with your order???"
Fabiola: "No, I just need to speak to the Manager"
Scared kid: "we can take care of whatever you need....please what can we do?"
Fabiola: "I just need to speak to the Manager........."
Manager: "Can I help you? Is there a problem?"
Fabiola: "You see those two crazy guys standing outside the Burger King?"
Manager: "Yes"
Fabiola: " That one is my husband, and those crazy guys collect "quad" which is some kind of old music....and they want that sign!"
Manager: (relieved!!) "you can have it..........." walks over and takes the sign down and gives it to Fabiola!

Fabiola thanks the Manager and walks outside to the two of us......."Here" giving the sign to Gerardo "can we go now?" QuadG and I gushing........"wow!!!! You got it!!"

Me: "damn Gerardo, that is one hell of a woman you have there!!!:sun That sign is sooooooooooooooo cool!!! I want one too........Fabiola will you get me one at the next Burger King........pleaseeeeeeee!"

So, if you want your music.........more meaty, more cheesy, more bacony.....you just have to go QUAD for the biggest, baddest music around!!!
Thanks Burger King!!!! (and Fabiola!!)

BKQuad.jpg

QB

ps: I got one too yesterday!!!!! Just asked the Manager of a Burger King here in San Diego!! It now graces the Quad Shack for eternity!!

Last edited:
That is discrete all the way, no matrix burgers here! :D

You guys are WHACK!!!:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :eek: :mad:@:
:D :D

Lonster

hi Lonster

yes we are:mad:@:

QB................................ Lonster........................... Quadg

IMG_5101.jpg

here we are @ lonster quad playground for big KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)

thanks quadg

Back