Anyone know about this QUAD DEMO 8 TRACK

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kvadro said:

I assume it is a store-demonstration quad tape for Electrophonic quad players. I always thought Electrophonic as a cut-rate manufacturer of 8-track players, phonographs, stereo systems and VCR equipment. Somewhere in my brain I associate them with Emerson UK, either as a budget offshoot, or as a UK competitor. I have seen some Electrophonic stereo 8-track demos made by Capitol Special Products (with Capitol artists); perhaps this is a quad version of that.
As for the high current bid price, this is just another chapter of the storied quadraphonic Q8 collectables wars between 2 of eBay's top quad collectables buyers: Fishbulb (from around Los Vegas) and Fab_Ola (QQ's Gerardo, from LA). And may the fatter wallet win.... :mad:@:

I don't know.... looks like one of those 70's bootleg 8tracks to me

It would be nice to know what is actually on it.

dauQula said:
As for the high current bid price, this is just another chapter of the storied quadraphonic Q8 collectables wars between 2 of eBay's top quad collectables buyers: Fishbulb (from around Los Vegas) and Fab_Ola (QQ's Gerardo, from LA). And may the fatter wallet win.... :mad:@:

Fab_Ola IS NOT Gerardo. Gerardo goes by QuadG.......both here and on Ebay!

Fab_Ola is in PA., and Gerardo is here in San Diego.

However, the two of them have a relationship........(did I say relationship? ;) ) So, if he wins it.........we'll check it out.

QB

QuadBob said:
Fab_Ola IS NOT Gerardo. Gerardo goes by QuadG.......both here and on Ebay!

Fab_Ola is in PA., and Gerardo is here in San Diego.

However, the two of them have a relationship........(did I say relationship? ;) ) So, if he wins it.........we'll check it out.

QB

The relationship must be real close....like clones. Otherwise, Fab_Ola has moved to San Diego too. A winning eBay item by Fab_Ola was mailed to a San Diego address by a ...friend of mine recently. Not a bad idea to have 2 active eBay names seeing as how anyone can monitor what any given eBay name is bidding on. Makes you think twice before bidding on an item from behind the green door. :eek: ;)

timbre4 said:
That is such a homemade looking relic! Electrophonic must've blown 14 cents on the packaging....sheesh

That's why I think it's a in-store demo tape. i.e. never indended to be sold to the public - so why make the label snazzy with expensive graphics and photos? Electrophonic only existed to undercut major brands on a cost basis. Everything they made was cheap - why should their demo tapes be any different? :eek:

Back