• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone want to trade their player for music?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexsmom

We have everything we need to play music for the non-audiophile in Cai's music room except a multi-format player such as the OPPO so that we can enjoy music in all the formats there. We don't need the newest one or one with lots of bells and whistles. The old model OPPO sells for $169, I believe.

Rather than ordering one, I thought someone might have upgraded and wants to sell their old one. By trading for some of the records/discs they are planning to buy from Cai's collection, there would be no cash outlay either way. I like that!

Judie

I've got a Pioneer DV563a with the firmware update applied (so it plays all DVD-Audio discs), that I'm not using. It's not the ultimate player, but it gets the job done. It was actually my first SACD/DVD-A player, so you could say it's responsible for the existence of my collection. :D

I'll send you a PM with details.

I'd like to stick with something like the OPPO so that I can feel certain all formats can be played. I don't need the Blu-Ray. I thought everyone had upgraded the the new model and might like to get rid of the old one. Doesn't look that way :)

I think the Oppo DV-980H is a great budget player and it is still available from Oppo at $170 although it will soon be discontinued and out of stock as it is no longer being manufactured. I have both the DV-980H and their Blu-ray player, model BDP-83 but I think like most, I am going to keep both for the long haul. If nobody has one to trade, using the proceeds from the sales to buy the player from Oppo with warranty and Oppo's excellent customer support is worth consideration but act fast as Oppo is including Blu-ray in all universal players going forward. There are some great values on discontinued models from Denon and Pioneer if Oppo is too expensive. The Denon DVD-1940CI and clone DVD-758 are available at very low prices from Amazon Marketplace sellers from time to time.

Chris

The Oppo DV-980H apparently is no longer available from the Oppo site new but I do believe it is available refurbished. My first Oppo player, the DV-970H was purchased refurbished and I have had good luck with refurbished electronics including that Oppo player which still works fine but I do understand that many won't purchase a player that may have been defective and repaired. The truth is most returned players are returned without any actual defects but you never know with refurbished products.

Chris

I scored a used 980H! Just what I wanted, nice trade. (not here, unfortunately). Now I just have to hook everything up.

Judie

Back