Atlantic Records Celebrates Its 75th Anniversary With Special LPs and SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not suggesting anyone hold their breath, but 90125 and The Yes Album SACDs are listed as “Coming May 10, 2024” on Acoustic Sounds.

Steven Wilson’s surround work with The Yes Album will save me some money on that SACD, but I did go ahead and pre-order 90125 which was on my Wishlist from this 75th program.

I generally avoid pre-orders with Acoustic Sounds or MoFi until there’s some indication that a release is imminent. I’m still not fully confident in this case, but an actual date suckered in me and my credit card.

I’m not suggesting anyone hold their breath, but 90125 and The Yes Album SACDs are listed as “Coming May 10, 2024” on Acoustic Sounds...

...I generally avoid pre-orders with Acoustic Sounds or MoFi until there’s some indication that a release is imminent. I’m still not fully confident in this case, but an actual date suckered in me and my credit card.
I'm gonna wait till it flips from "preorder" to "in stock," but I'm in for both. I'm a sucker for these Atlantic 75 SACD releases, and AP's track record is pretty good when it comes to releasing great, if not definitive masterings of classic albums. I'm interested to see if TYA more closely matches the "properly Dolby decoded" MoFi gold CD or the 24/192 flat transfer, and I've only ever heard the 2003 Bill Inglot (Rhino) remaster of 90125.

I'm gonna wait till it flips from "preorder" to "in stock," but I'm in for both. I'm a sucker for these Atlantic 75 SACD releases, and AP's track record is pretty good when it comes to releasing great, if not definitive masterings of classic albums. I'm interested to see if TYA more closely matches the "properly Dolby decoded" MoFi gold CD or the 24/192 flat transfer, and I've only ever heard the 2003 Bill Inglot (Rhino) remaster of 90125.
Ive got a bunch of the 75ers on preorder and have not received a single one yet. The ones I want are TBD. Reminds me of Mobile Fidelity and the great VanHalen catalog mystery

Last edited:
I’m not suggesting anyone hold their breath, but 90125 and The Yes Album SACDs are listed as “Coming May 10, 2024” on Acoustic Sounds.

Steven Wilson’s surround work with The Yes Album will save me some money on that SACD, but I did go ahead and pre-order 90125 which was on my Wishlist from this 75th program.

I generally avoid pre-orders with Acoustic Sounds or MoFi until there’s some indication that a release is imminent. I’m still not fully confident in this case, but an actual date suckered in me and my credit card.

The Yes Album and 90125 on SACD were mentioned and shown (at the 3:55 mark) on Acoustic Sounds' May 3rd video on YouTube....

Ive got a bunch of the 75ers on preorder and have not received a single one yet. The ones I want are TBD. Reminds me of Mobile Fidelity and the great VanHalen catalog mystery
I have DejaVu, Swiss Movement, Coltrane pre-ordered.

John Prine and Dr. John's Right Place shipped a few weeks ago.

Use this link to check which Atlantic 75 SACDs have been released. As of now:

IMG_1588.jpeg

Both in stock today, both ordered!

Back