Atmos mixes not available on Apple

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know if this is an upmix or not? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I presumed that maybe there was some remixing/AI technology used to create this Atmos mix.
I don't have access to the Atmos mix, but the lead and backing vocals separated easily with very little artifacting using DeMix Pro. (Short mp3 attached with backing left and lead right for illustration only of resulting separation.)

So someone should have been able to make something convincing out of it.

I don't have access to the Atmos mix, but the lead and backing vocals separated easily with very little artifacting using DeMix Pro. (Short mp3 attached with backing left and lead right for illustration only of resulting separation.)

View attachment 94815

So someone should have been able to make something convincing out of it.
I would need to hear the full Atmos mix, but if it wasn't a diy job, it most definitely was the version from this live album. That was all that was available to license from the record label when Mixthemusic was still in business.
https://www.discogs.com/master/70583-Lynyrd-Skynyrd-One-More-From-The-Road

I would need to hear the full Atmos mix, but if it wasn't a diy job, it most definitely was the version from this live album. That was all that was available to license from the record label when Mixthemusic was still in business.
https://www.discogs.com/master/70583-Lynyrd-Skynyrd-One-More-From-The-Road
The Atmos mix of Sweet Home Alabama is the studio version and not a live version, which was the case on the Southern Surroundings DVD-Audio/Blu-ray Audio disc with Elliot Scheiner’s 5.1 mixes.

The Atmos mix of Sweet Home Alabama is the studio version and not a live version, which was the case on the Southern Surroundings DVD-Audio/Blu-ray Audio disc with Elliot Scheiner’s 5.1 mixes.
Something is fishy here. Free Bird is the only song marked as an Atmos mix. What is the name of the album, and which platform (Tidal,Amazon,Apple) has this supposed Atmos mix of the album version of Sweet Home Alabama? I chatted with one of the engineers who was involved in that session, and he told me the tape went missing from an Atlanta studio around 1987. I know Eliot Scheiner too, he did the Toto mixes. I wasn't aware he did Lynyrd Skynrd.

I'm going to try and ask Eliot.
Scheiner had no involvement in these Skynyrd Atmos mixes, he did the 5.1 mixes for the Southern Surroundings DVD-A that came out way back in 2012 (though they may have been mixed some years before then). I think Mills Logan did all the new Atmos mixes? The entire Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd album is there in Atmos too, and all the mixes sound like the real deal (from a multitrack).

Scheiner had no involvement in these Skynyrd Atmos mixes, he did the 5.1 mixes for the Southern Surroundings DVD-A that came out way back in 2012 (though they may have been mixed some years before then). I think Mills Logan did all the new Atmos mixes? The entire Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd album is there in Atmos too, and all the mixes sound like the real deal (from a multitrack).
Mills Logan is credited with the Atmos mix of Sweet Home Alabama and most of the other Lynyrd Skynyrd Atmos mixes currently available.

Something is fishy here. Free Bird is the only song marked as an Atmos mix. What is the name of the album, and which platform (Tidal,Amazon,Apple) has this supposed Atmos mix of the album version of Sweet Home Alabama? I chatted with one of the engineers who was involved in that session, and he told me the tape went missing from an Atlanta studio around 1987. I know Eliot Scheiner too, he did the Toto mixes. I wasn't aware he did Lynyrd Skynrd.
https://tidal.com/album/244632798

Mills Logan is credited with the Atmos mix of Sweet Home Alabama and most of the other Lynyrd Skynyrd Atmos mixes currently available.
If this is the Mills Logan Atmos mix mentioned he 100% used software to create the individual stems. You can clearly hear the filters in the tracks. No way in hell he used original dry multitracks to make this mix. I'm an audio engineer, and a recording session archivist. Sweet Home was recorded on a 16 track tape in June of 73 at Studio One in Atlanta. Like I said one of the Studio One engineers told me it disappeared in the mid 80's from the studio vault before it was digitized. I'll try to find the conversation because I took a screenshot years ago to send to a colleague.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 7.37.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 7.37.51 PM.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
If this is the Mills Logan Atmos mix mentioned he 100% used software to create the individual stems. You can clearly hear the filters in the tracks. No way in hell he used original dry multitracks to make this mix. I'm an audio engineer, and a recording session archivist. Sweet Home was recorded on a 16 track tape in June of 73 at Studio One in Atlanta. Like I said one of the Studio One engineers told me it disappeared in the mid 80's from the studio vault before it was digitized. I'll try to find the conversation because I took a screenshot years ago to send to a colleague.
I don’t think anyone claimed the Atmos mix was created from the original multitracks. I’m quite pleased with the Atmos mix, even if there was demixing or similar AI/machine learning technology involved.

I will admit I can't explain track 1 which is a submix of vocal stacks, bass, and drums only. Maybe they did find a work tape, but I do know UMG is using some ai. stuff nobody has, they invested heavily in that technology just like Sony.

Back