Atmos mixes with good use of the height speakers recommendations

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, tomorrow I am heading over to a friend's place who has just installed ceiling/height speakers on his Atmos system. (His previous setup had the upward firing ones). This will be my first time hearing Atmos with ceiling speakers. Can anyone give me any recommendations for titles (physical or Apple Music) that highlight the heights?

Thanks in advance!

:51QQ

Grateful Dead - American Beauty (though anything mixed by Steven Wilson will do)
Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
Orbital - Optical Delusion
Pineapple Thief - Give It Back (though anything mixed by Bruce Soord will do)
Spoon - Lucifer On The Sofa
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns
St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
The Church - The Hypnogogue
Tori Amos - Ocean To Ocean
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits (Wildflowers and Angel Dream will do as well)

So, tomorrow I am heading over to a friend's place who has just installed ceiling/height speakers on his Atmos system. (His previous setup had the upward firing ones). This will be my first time hearing Atmos with ceiling speakers. Can anyone give me any recommendations for titles (physical or Apple Music) that highlight the heights?

Thanks in advance!

Any mix by Steven Wilson will give you plenty of height action and of course Yello and Kraftwerk. :cool:

Yello - Point (Probably my favorite just for the Atmos mix)
Kraftwerk - The Catalogue
Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation
Gentle Giant - Free Hand
Frank Zappa - Waka/Wazoo
Booka Shade - Dear Future Self / Galvany Street
The Beatles - Abbey Road

Thanks in advance!

hope you have a blast with your buddy! 🤩😍 do let us know how you get on! 🥳😋

Back