AudioRevolution.com

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCunningham

Seems the owner of this website (Jerry Del Colliano) decided to drop in here and steal my lists of current dvd-a's and my list of upcoming releases verbatim. He's posted it on his website and taken the credit for the work. I'm posting this message for him to see on his next trip just to let him know what a true piece of crap he is, but then that seems to be a general opinion of him from most of the other forums I've read.

You shuold leave a note on that web site , and re-direct the viewers to our site to let them know what a slime bag the guy is.

Nice idea, but as it's a commercial site, there's no way to post there short of hacking his page. In any case, I'm currently drafting a nice letter with a link to our pages that I'm going to be sending to everyone of his site advertisers. May not do much, but then you never know. Some people don't like to be associated with scum like this. I wouldn't have minded him using the lists had he given credit for it's source.

Just to show you how stupid he is, if you go to his site, you'll see he's added a few titles to my list on his own. Specifically the two Classic titles, and a few 5.1 Entertainment titles (Night In and Romantic Moments). As with their other titles in the Directions, Elements and Dream Suite series, none of those are dvd-a's. This was confirmed by Jeff Dean of the 5.1 Entertainment Group. None of them contain a MLP track. All are recorded to the dvd-v specification with just a Dolby digital 5.1 surround track which is why they're not included on my list. He told me these were released before the final dvd-a specs were finished. He did tell me that all but the Elements and Direction series will be getting re-authored with dvd-a tracks sometime later this year. So eventually they'll end up on the list, just not yet.

That sounds like a good idea! If you get a couple of people from the site to come here and see the original source, maybe by word of mouth it will spread around and get back at him and show them what a crook he is. Had he asked for permission and credit you would be the noble thing to do! Considering what work you have done with research and calls to people it's disgusting ! P.S. keep up the good work! and Thanks from all who use this site!
Rob

I've got an idea! Why not insert messages in the list for his readers. Messages like "This list is pirated" by "Plagarist Scum". Make it sound like just another title. Maybe he'll go for the "update" without reading it. Post a reply noting an update on the list. Maybe he won't bother reading everything in this webpage and he'll miss this. If he goes for it, do it again with different messages.

The Quadfather

What a low life. He could at least credit you, as we all know how much time you have spent on what is probably the BEST DVD-A list on the web.

:-jon

Well, I just checked their web site for myself, and that page is not "unavailable". He must have heard about our outrage.
Hey, if it was OK with Mike and he posted "Courtesy of Quadraphonc Quad and/or Mike Cunningham of QuadraphonicQuad and linked us, I would not have a problem. Their site actually looks quite informative. I have, however, never dealt with them or even seen their site until today.

I get a newsletter from their magazine, and one arrived in my E-mail this morning. It has the list with, and I quote... "With special thanks to Mike Cunningham of the QuadraphonicQuad forum". So, i reckon he has seen the light, though he might consider putting a link to this forum. I guess we rattled his cage a little bit.

The Quadfather

Good morning everyone. First just wanted to says thanks for the nice comments. Also a special thanks to Quadfather for his post about the hidden messages. I needed a good laugh yesterday and his post hit just the right spot. As noted by this mornings post by Quadfather, credit has been duly given on the website. I received an email from the guy yesterday stating that he was just posting a news story and that he's posted a similar story in the past. The only difference according to him was that he used my list as it was the most current. He stated that it's not his normal procedure to give credit for info, unless, the person is directly quoted in the article. I got up this morning and found a new email with no message other than the words "DVD-Plug" in the Subject line, so I checked his site and found the credit line had been added. No link, but at least I got credit for my work. I did get a couple of links to this forum up over at the Home Theater forum though. One concerning the subject of this thread and another to a questions asked there.

Maybe he should make it his normal procedure to credit the work. To use someone else's work and not give credit is just plain rude, especially since he didn't pay for it. Incidently, false information is commonly used to catch plagarists. It works on spies too.

The Quadfather

Hi guys,
just got back from a trip and trying to catch up,
Brad and I dealt with this guy, and i had to jump in the middle of a hot dispute between them. That was at the start of his site way back when. He was not a nice guy then, would not expect it now!
Tad

Back