Audition Scripts - Sample Rate question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This might sound like a silly question, but does it matter what the sample rate is on the files to be decoded with the scripts?
And can I sue 32-bit Floating Point files?
(I am being sent 32/44.1 files, and would like to know if it will work)

Many Thanks

I don't think Audition scripts are sample rate sensitive.
It's true that if you edit the script file you will see a "Selected: 0 to 518400000 SR 96000" but that is created by Audition when you record a script and that sample rate and selection is taken from the first file when is opened. I always delete that part when I compile a new script and it always worked fine.

It should work at any sample rate. When first using the scripts – that were written for 24 bit / 96 kHz – I was making DTS-CD’s that were 16 bit / 44.1 kHz. It seemed to not matter whether I kept the scripts the way they were written at 24 bit / 96 kHz or if I rewrote them 16 bit / 44.1 kHz, they seemed to work the same. I’ve also done some decoding at 32 bit / 192 kHz with great results. I can only play the 32 bit / 192 kHz multi-channel files on the computer.

Now I’m contemplating if I should record this way and down sample for DVD-Audio. With the higher bit rate I can in effect archive the original SQ / QS recording at 24 bit / 192 kHz and create a Stereo DVD-Audio now and perhaps a 32 bit or 24 bit / 192 kHz multi-channel disc on some new future format.

Back