Automotive Surround Sound (2021) After Market

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Wow, there are 11 pages of varied titles in the automotive surround on QQ and they are all old. I guess surround sound in cars was a bigger deal back in the day then it is now.
Anyway, as usual, I know what I want, I just don't know how to get it.
I purchased a new car with Alpine speakers and a Alpine amp. There are two USB and one Aux port, besides the radio stations. There is a stereo setting and a surround setting. I believe the surround setting is no different than my Ford Escape which just does an enhanced center speaker on the dash, certainly does not turn music into any kind of discrete surround music.
I believe the USB ports can take any level of FLAC, but not DSD. I use a Samsung 1T SSD to hold my various stereo files. OK help me with surround, please.
True surround sound in vehicles is definitely rare and maybe even harder after market, even harder today than just 10 years ago.
I did some internet research and came up with things called Digital Processor, like this one from Pioneer. Alpine has this.
But, of course I do not understand what or how they do it.
I don't want or need a player that actually uses a hard disc like a DVD-A or something, I am perfectly fine with ripped files & USB.
I have no doubt there are some experts here on QQ and your input would be appreciated.

Back