New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps you might want to sell a Saab and get a Sansui 9001 for restoration instead? :ROFLMAO:

Don't have a Saab. Don't want a Saab. Have a friend who has one and they are notoriously hard to work on.

Not interested in vintage quad equipment either. I can understand the appeal, but at this point in my life I prefer easy. It's more than enough just trying to keep myself in working condition! 🥴

I ordered last week and haven’t had a shipping notice yet, when I try to check order status it says they’re migrating to a new system! Any chance my discs will be sent out without a shipping notice?

I checked tracking and it finally shows a delivery of Thursday.
They sent me a "shipped" notice email April 25. The link with tracking never worked until this morning. It just left California this morning...which means it had never really shipped. Anyway, May 3rd is ETA according to tracking. I don't think I'll see it by Friday though.

Mine just arrived today from Warner Canada all four discs, have opened Fleetwood and Alanis so far. Really love both even though haven't listened all the way through. I've been in love with the 5.1 mix of The Chain for a long time, although not as formidable in the low end, the Atmos mix is well received and I thoroughly enjoyed this new mix of an old friend. The echo of "still hear you saying" is so cool as it fades outwards to the rear...makes you hear it better if you know what I mean, and makes the room sound huge.

Alanis put a HUGE smile on my face. I liked the mix already from the lossy stream, but wow...so psyched to hear this one cranked in lossless glory. Love the mixing choices, and there is no credit other than "Atmos mix by Dolby Studios" - well, do some more! Some very cool mix choices on the vocals, like the incredible lyrics in this verse which go like this:

Front L/R: 'Cause the joke that you laid in the bed that was me and I'm not gonna fade as soon as you close your eyes
Centre: And you know it
Front L/R: And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back, I hope you feel it
Centre: Now can you feel it?

Really works well for me. Wish the bass was a little deeper but I'll give Alanis a 9.75/10 for the Atmos mix.

Listening to the Best of the Doors Blu Ray. Sorry, but I'm really disappointed. Dolby Atmos & DTS 5.1 front heavy. Not much in the rears. Mine doesn't even play in DTS stereo. 😐
Just received all four from WBCanada. I'm playing the Doors in Atmos and while your comments are true for the first 3 tracks (from the first album), things improve dramatically after that. I haven't got far into it yet but I'm enjoying it. Also no problems playing in DTS-HD MA 2.0.

Last edited:
Just received all four from WBCanada. I'm playing the Doors in Atmos and while your comments are true for the first 3 tracks (from the first album), things improve dramatically after that. I haven't got far into it yet but I'm enjoying it. Also no problems playing in DTS-HD MA 2.0.
This was also an issue for the 5.1 mixes of their debut, too. Maybe they don't have really anything to work with in regards to multitracks.

They sent me a "shipped" notice email April 25. The link with tracking never worked until this morning. It just left California this morning...which means it had never really shipped. Anyway, May 3rd is ETA according to tracking. I don't think I'll see it by Friday though.
I'd love to see Doors/Rumours this Friday.....tracking shows it's still sitting in California.

My Rhino package(s) arrived today.

Picked up the Doors/Rumours DVD's as well as The Doors Live At The Matrix 1967: The Original Masters (3CD), Heavy Metal Soundtrack CD, 90125 CD, and not that I'm a huge Chicago fan, but to get free shipping I added the Chicago If You Leave Me Now CD for $4.98 to tip it just over $100 for free shipping. Never could get the discount coupon to work :mad:

I got exactly the same notice and ETA, and was a little skeptical myself. Tracking says it's at my local post office, so there's no reason for it not to make it here by tomorrow.

Back