Be Bop Deluxe! Sunburst Finish! Ain't life grand!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever listened to Be Bop Deluxe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stobo222

Listening to Sunburst Finish from Be Bop Deluxe.

Great mix, nice on screen graphics, and a wonderful box set.

I just cannot for the life of me get some of the songs out of my head now that I've been 5.1 paraplegesized from being inundated by it!!

Attachments

• IMG_000a.JPG
    IMG_000a.JPG
    575.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Personally, I don't like the 2 songs I listened to. I voted no, which means, I've not listened to an album all the way through. What's up with the superbowl reference? :)

It probably means he's anti RAMS, is not a Patriot [fan] and prefers listening to Sunburst finish in lieu of watching Super Bowl 53! Go Team!

Last edited:
I have most of the albums on vinyl or CD……..and I saw them live quite a few times!
I have most of the albums on vinyl or CD……..and I saw them live quite a few times!
It probably means he's anti RAMS, is not a Patriot and prefers listening to Sunburst finish in lieu of watching Super Bowl 53! Go Team!
I posted this in the wrong place (newbie here) and can't delete it. Was just talking about today. Think I'll change the title b/c of your note...I'm just not a football kinda guy. I figure the Patriots will win anyway 'cause they've won so many.

HEAR HEAR!!!
I do NOT watch TV at ALLLLL!!! I have a TV but I do NOT have a connection to ANY antenna.....
It's all mind programming.. the sooner you come to grips with that, the better.. hey, I am not saying there ain't programming in the movies or series I watch .. but I would like that to be DELAYED!!
BBD ROOOOCKS.. aamof, I might join you!

Last edited:
HEAR HEAR!!!
I do NOT watch TV at ALLLLL!!! I have a TV but I do NOT have a a connection to ANY antenna.....
It's all mind programming.. the sooner you come to grips with that, the better.. hey, I am not saying there ain't programming in the movies or series I watch .. but I would like to that to be DELAYED!!
BBD ROOOOCKS.. aamof, I might join you!

There's nothing grander than OSMOSIS, Kap!

I just have to mention that I used to work (sound) monitors at the Celebrity Theatre (in the round) in Phoenix, and Be Bop Deluxe played there several times.They were really good and the audience here always appreciated them. Once, a band opened for them, someone called "Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers", and I remember a blonde lanky dude saying "Stan, make me sound good!". I said "OK"....The rest is history...
:rocks

I just have to mention that I used to work (sound) monitors at the Celebrity Theatre (in the round) in Phoenix, and Be Bop Deluxe played there several times.They were really good and the audience here always appreciated them. Once, a band opened for them, someone called "Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers", and I remember a blonde lanky dude saying "Stan, make me sound good!". I said "OK"....The rest is history...

Ah, the Celeb....saw Steven Wilson there back in May. Nice venue, pretty decent acoustics and sightlines - just too bad the layout couldn't accommodate his screens (both the "wall" and holograph screens were ditched for the show)

Discovered this band and album because of the surround release... love the music and surround mix; fidelity needs more low end (but can be remedied in Audacity).
Geez, I just don't know. I heard a couple songs thanks to some buddies...and I just do not like it. I mean, the fidelity sounds paper thin to my ears. Oh well. Isn't it amazing how others interpret discs........

Geez, I just don't know. I heard a couple songs thanks to some buddies...and I just do not like it. I mean, the fidelity sounds paper thin to my ears. Oh well. Isn't it amazing how others interpret discs........

Awww, come on Gene... go in with 2 COJONES and listen to the WHOLE thing...two songs are NOT enough...as a HUGE Bill Nelson I was never a huge BBD fan until this release...you gotta put it in perspective.. Bill was a guitar hero with some very amusing lyrics, there was also a lot of ProtoProg thrown in , and although the mix sounds very midrangey to my ears (I have to reEQ it), this is a hell of a record.. wish I had the money to get it for you and buy it back if you don't like it... a great record that will surprise you especially after a few brewskis...
comprendes?

I was there!!! The Celeb was always the best place to see a band!! I was there when Jerry Riopelle did live in the round. Never missed his show on New Years eve!! Jerry having just passed was a big loss!! Did you do sound for a local band Folis Asc in 74 or 75? If so I have pics that your in.

I was there!!! The Celeb was always the best place to see a band!! I was there when Jerry Riopelle did live in the round. Never missed his show on New Years eve!! Jerry having just passed was a big loss!! Did you do sound for a local band Folis Asc in 74 or 75? If so I have pics that your in.
I must have been working just after that, as I have not heard of Folis Asc. I started I think in March of '75. Who did they open for? I do know my predecessor, and I'm sure he'd appreciate pics! I worked many Riopelle shows, and yes, he is sorely missed. So sad. Also, I have a most programs for the shows that I worked, many with autographs!

Back