Beck, Bogert & Appice Live - SQ encoded?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boojidad

This was a 2-record set put out exclusively for the Japanese market. It was actually released under two different catalog ID's (ECPJ 5/6 and ECPJ 11/12). My question is, is this quad? I have seen photo scans of the album under both catalog ID's, and there is no indication of quad encoding anywhere. Can someone provide evidence of a true quad release of this title?

I've been asked to look into this, but it seems to keep getting pushed back on the "to do" list. Will see what i can do to see if the release is SQ

OD

As i've already mentioned to 'floydflush', i did a test decode of this album and i'm afraid it doesn't appear to be SQ encoded. The first track was something of a give away really, at the beginning the crowd are in the front channels with the rears as good as silent. They only really become active when the drums come in, and they are unfocused. The short drum solo at the end of the track would have been an obvious mixers delight, instead it just remains unfocused, and floating somewhere between the four speakers.

Shame..............

OD

Back