BEWARE Louis Armstrong

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyandi

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
BEWARE
Louis Armstrong Rare 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Audio
This is a piece of rubbish
A mix of stereo and Mono
waste your money on beer

I have this one too (purchased very cheaply, with much skepticism). It's, um, a good source for a narrow hinge DVD-A case.

I've seen others by this same company (BCI Eclipse Records) and seem to recall that at least the Tom Jones disk has also been bashed on QQ before. These guys may be sub-Silverline!

Can anyone else comment on other BCI titles on this list? (assembled from Tower.com)

When You're Smiling (DVD) ~ Louis Armstrong
Turn Off The Lights (DVD) ~ Teddy Pendergrass
Sun Is Shining (DVD) ~ Bob Marley
Jammin' Home (DVD) ~ Carlos Santana
Live In Amsterdam (DVD) ~ Willie Nelson
Live (DVD) ~ Marvin Gaye
In Concert With Friends (DVD) ~ Tom Jones

Mark Z

Yep, the Willie Nelson is hysterical, he doesn't sing, must be his band. I don't think there was any vocals at all!

These guys may be sub-Silverline!

Hmmm....now there's something to aspire to! :D:eek:

Although Silverline DID put out a few REAL 5.1's, just screwed us with titles we really wanted in surround (and coulda, shoulda been better than what they turned out to be).

ED :)

Yep, the Willie Nelson is hysterical, he doesn't sing, must be his band. I don't think there was any vocals at all!

I have the Santana & Willie. I file these with my DTS discs as they have DD and DTS streams but certainly not DVD-A. There are definitely vocals by Willie however on the Willie set and the sound isn't that bad, just a little reverb in the sides. Even the audience is kept up front. The Santana is much the same. Thankfully these were as cheap as chips. Still sub Silverline though. Much the same as the Joan Armatrading disc.

To be honest, I'd seen these many times, but the graphics on the cover seemed to scream "Fake Fake" to me. I never went for any of them.

Some releases look like "cut-outs"* the day they're released.

*schlock as we called it back in the Wherehouse record store 1970's

Back