BJ Thomas Dead at 78

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R I P BJ .... "Hooked On A Feeling!' 🎤

See the source image

1942 ~ 2021

Yes, a lot of great artists are able to have hits in different genres. Elvis Presley was a magician at doing this. He recorded great songs and albums from Hawaiian world music, Rock, Pop, Soul, Jazz, Gospel and Country. Not to mention Rockabilly.

I just remember hearing “Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head” on the radio, and also hearing the song in the great classic movie “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.” It was a huge hit song at the time. Sure, that song may seem a little corny now, but it was also the same thing when it first came out, a little corny, yet sweet. It gave everyone a bit of a lift, when often there wasn’t a lot to smile about at the time.
I also wholeheartedly agree with Doug G’s comments about “Hooked On a Feeling,” another timeless classic. I was thinking, if you had to explain what 1968 to 1973 was about with one song,"Hooked On a Feeling" explain’s a whole hell of a lot in just the length of the song.

Not many songs manage to work in both my hometown and native state into its lyrics but this one did and I fell in love with it the very first time I heard B.J. Thomas sing it -- more for its perfectly-phrased wistful expression than for geographical citations.

Hello darlin', my – it's good to hear you
I'm at the railroad station in st. Paul
How are all the folks, I'd love to see 'em
But girl I'd love to see you most of all

Well I've been staring at the rain and I've been thinkin'
Ever since the train left Montreal
Thought I'd always love this life I'm living
But now I know I love you most of all

Many times before I know I swore that I'd come home to stay...
But it always seems that foolish dream and trains got in my way

Tomorrow there will be snow in Minnesota
But I won't be around to watch it fall
I'll be heading for that old familiar station...
Hopin' you still love me most of all

Girl , you know I love you most of all
I miss ya baby... Most of all
I miss ya baby, most of all.

A performance from 'The Johnny Cash Show'

Back