Black Sabbath Paranoid - BLU-RAY?????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003

Attachments

• sabaath blu-ray.jpg
    sabaath blu-ray.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 194
Unfortunately, this is *NOT* what it might have been... I've seen it a couple of days ago and AFAIK it's just another (latest) addition to the "Classic Albums" series by Eagle Rock Entertainment (Rumours, Machine Head, Black Album, Disraeli Gears, etc.)

Throughout the 97 minutes of this documentary, original members Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass), and Bill Ward (drummer), along with their original engineer, deliver the story behind Paranoid. The DVD chronicles the creation of the locomotive force and unrelenting energy behind these tracks, which ignited an electrified and unforeseen brand of blues-rock. The comprehensive collection of interviews, demonstrations, archive videos, and feature cuts from timeless epics such as “War Pigs,” “Iron Man,” and the title track, is complemented with 40 minutes of bonus features. For the first time a classic album title is also released on Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
I might've started a thread called "Tom Petty - Damn The Torpedoes on Blu-Ray", but I'm not gonna...

Even when I'm fairly familiar with these series it was still mind-boggling to hold a copy in my hands today, completely unaware of its existence.

Now, is this release a good sign or not when it comes to (allegedly) upcoming surround mix of the album?

By the way, the back cover claims 128 min. playing time instead of previously reported 98 mins.

tpca.jpg

Interview with Tom Petty out of Sound and vision - March 2010.

What about doing a 5.1 mix of new Tom Petty studio material?

Yeah, I would do that. In fact, I’m thinking very strongly about doing a 5.1 mix for the studio album I’m working on now. Why not? We have the capability to do it. It’s one more interesting reason to pick up an album. It’s another dimension to the sound you might not have experienced before, and it opens up a lot of ways to be creative with our mix.

How about revisiting older studio material in 5.1, like, say, Damn the Torpedoes?

I think it’s possible. Damn the Torpedoes would be a great album to do it with. Obviously, my vision at the time we recorded it [in 1979] was just stereo. We recently did one of those Classic Albums documentaries for Torpedoes, where we got out the 2-inch tapes and explored them. It’s a very interesting album sonically, very well recorded. I think we’d all like to see a nice 5.1 happen for that album. I’d also like to have it available on Blu-ray. I don’t see why not.

Back