Blood, Sweat & Tears Q8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$76. All because it had a blue shell. :yikes

There is all of a sudden an amazing amount of Q8's on eBay right now. Many with a starting bid of $5

Maybe it's time to start shopping tonight. Too bad eBay is blocked at work. I wonder if a lot of them will take off from $5. I listen to everything, but as a rocker, the rock titles are my first priority. Since this is the case for a lot of people, the rock titles always cost a left.. But in any case. The titles that I want the most right now are:

The Aerosmith tapes
Chuck Berry London Sessions
OMG I want the Alice Cooper tapes so bad
The Best Of The Doors is definately a top priority
The Eagles tapes, but I've read the mixes aren't that hot, I would expect them to be amazing, but stuff happens
Def the Steve Miller tapes
Would love some of the Nilsson tapes
Ted Nugent Free For All
Tubular Bells
Really want the Floyd tapes, even if I have to live with the American copies
Would like the Santana tapes, especially the first album
Edgar Winter, especially They Only Come Out At Night
ZZ Top Tres Hombres

Any of those on there right now? That is just the OMG need yesterday rock list. There are other rock titles I want to a lesser degree. There are plenty more titles I want from all genres

The Doors Q8 is a staple of ebay. There's 3 or 4 on there right now. Two ZZtops , etc. When you get home, just do a search! Lots of good stuff right now.

Eagles aren't great mixes? Who told you that?? :p

http://youtu.be/6qtKHhomAGM

There's a couple sellers right new clearing out estates of Q8 owners. I've snagged quite a few rare titles over the past few weeks. In my opinion, prices have never been better! A few years ago, I would see titles change hands for 200-300, even once saw some folks get into a pissing match over a CCR Q8 that wound up going for a whopping $1400!!! (I wish I could get that for my copy)

eBay is the place man! It's the best resource for things like this. Most record shops, pawn shops, junk stores don't even take in 8-tracks anymore, and even then, most of them are stereo and garbage. I haven't found a Q8 while out picking in years. Oddly enough though, I still have the very first one I found!

The Doors Q8 is a staple of ebay. There's 3 or 4 on there right now. Two ZZtops , etc. When you get home, just do a search! Lots of good stuff right now.

Eagles aren't great mixes? Who told you that?? :p

http://youtu.be/6qtKHhomAGM

I've noticed it is a staple of ebay but usually around $65+ I would think that would be pricey for a tape that is always available :p

Not bad. I may have to grab that. I hear that a lot of those mixes are amazing, especially considering that that was all remixed for quad as an afterthought.

How are the Cooper mixes? Particularly Billion Dollar Babies. I know that album is an aquired taste due to the murky sound of the mix, much like Paraniod (which is my prized Q8 at the moment).

"Sick things in cartridge tapes" I'm pretty sure he was talking about Q8s ;D

You know, I hardly play my Alice Cooper tapes. I prefer the mixes/sound quality on Muscle of Love. I'll go pop in Billion Dollar and get back to you. I remember not liking it as much as MoL.

*Update*

I probably haven't played this cart since I had my Panasonic player - so it's been a while. Maybe the Akai & the Dolby help but it sounds much better than I remember. The mix however is less adventurous than MoL. There's definitely Front to Back seperation, Alice's voice in all four, but there doesn't seem to be much going on left to right unless something is spinning around the room.

I liked the guitar placement and vocal mixing of MoL better. It takes better advantage of having four channels.

Back