CCR GOLD - Bad Pressing or not?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Just received my CD-4 copy of CCR's Gold Album. AWESOME to hear the alternate versions to the songs. Very, Very cool. Problem though, Side 2 Playing the last song Suzie Q, started losing carrier signal. Record played awesome all the way thru Side 1, and thru Side 2 until coming up to Suzie Q. The split track between songs, the CD-4 light went out, came on and would only hold a few seconds, then would flicker and not hold. I cranked up the Carrier Level control and it would hold, but sounded like garbage.

Was this LP known for a bad pressing or did I just get a worn out copy?

Darrin. :cool:

Q-Eight said:
Just received my CD-4 copy of CCR's Gold Album. AWESOME to hear the alternate versions to the songs. Very, Very cool. Problem though, Side 2 Playing the last song Suzie Q, started losing carrier signal. Record played awesome all the way thru Side 1, and thru Side 2 until coming up to Suzie Q. The split track between songs, the CD-4 light went out, came on and would only hold a few seconds, then would flicker and not hold. I cranked up the Carrier Level control and it would hold, but sounded like garbage.

Was this LP known for a bad pressing or did I just get a worn out copy?

Darrin. :cool:

My pressing is in perfect condition, but it has a recurring "crunchy" sound that pulses with the LPs rotation (for lack of a better explanation) on one side. I had always assumed that it was a pressing fault. Mike.

Mine plays O.K. You probably got a damaged one. Maybe someone played that track on a cheap BSR turntable.

The Quadfather

Quadzilla said:
My pressing is in perfect condition, but it has a recurring "crunchy" sound that pulses with the LPs rotation (for lack of a better explanation) on one side. I had always assumed that it was a pressing fault. Mike.

The Quadfather said:
Mine plays O.K. You probably got a damaged one. Maybe someone played that track on a cheap BSR turntable.

The Quadfather

*Laughs* Funny you should mention that! LOL, my mother swears up and down that her old turntable (BSR/SEARS) sounded better than my Pioneer PL-530 with the Ed Saunders CD-4 Cart/Stylus. LOL Pretty sure old mom is getting senile. :rolleyes:

Q-Eight said:
*Laughs* Funny you should mention that! LOL, my mother swears up and down that her old turntable (BSR/SEARS) sounded better than my Pioneer PL-530 with the Ed Saunders CD-4 Cart/Stylus. LOL Pretty sure old mom is getting senile. :rolleyes:

Maybe so, but I am damn sure that she has spent a LOT less money than we have! :eek: Mike.

Back