• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Checking interest: Sony DVP-CX995V

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

My friend is moving and was getting rid of some older audio equipment. One of the items is a Sony 400 disc DVD changer that also plays SACD through the multichannel analog outputs. It has an HDMI output, but will not output SACD from it.

Thought I would gauge interest in this piece as I don’t really have use for it. Would be willing to give it to a member who would appreciate and use it.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I'm interested, but would like to know if:
1- it's been tested recently and appears fully functional (my Dad had a Sony CD changer where the carousel grew gradually more problematic until it stopped working altogether);
2- Does it have the remote?
3- How much would shipping be to VA?

Very kind offer, regardless. Thanks.

Stay away from these carousel units!!!!!!
I had a 400 disc one and after a year or so I changed out some of the discs and they all had permanent scratches/marks from the lower plastic lips of the individual slot dividers.The shuffling of the carousel had enough wiggle in it that it scarred every disc
I had some rare discs in there that were hard to replace at a reasonable price!!!

I'm interested, but would like to know if:
1- it's been tested recently and appears fully functional (my Dad had a Sony CD changer where the carousel grew gradually more problematic until it stopped working altogether);
2- Does it have the remote?
3- How much would shipping be to VA?

Very kind offer, regardless. Thanks.

Hi,

I just got the unit last night so haven’t tested it. I will try to test it over the weekend. Remote is included. As far as shipping, I would most likely take it to a UPS store or something similar and have them pack it. I would only charge the exact cost of what the store charges.

I have been interested in such library changers but have heard that they scratch discs too so have not tried hard to find one.
That said a Pioneer 20 disc changer fell into my lap once upon a time. It has a box with room for 20 CDs.

I had three of these 400 disc units once upon a time. Still have one but it's loaded with concert discs now collected over time. Probably haven't turned it on in over a year. The Sony units never gave me any trouble; the Kenwood 403 changers OTOH were nothing but trouble.

Back