Click Repairing Now

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
(Jon , if you think this is either in the wrong section or that you think it's an irrelevant thread, I won't be offended if it disappears...)

OK, I know that it may be a selfish thread , since most members here don't have Click Repair (the program..the best!), but I do find myself "cleaning up my vinyl, although not very often, at least frequently enough to share....
You may use any other program and share it...

OK, today, I cleaned up side B of "I advance masked" the great 1981 LP by Andy Summers and Robert Fripp (BTW, what an awful pressing..a lot of surface noise!!)

And now I'm on Katy Perry's "Prism"...nice pressing but it sounds like it was sourced from a CD :(

Click Repair is amazing! I usually keep it on a mild automatic setting and the results are fantastic. Occasionally I'll surgically apply the 'decrackle' for a rough spot or two but the vast majority of the time a gentle 'declicking' is all that is needed. Some recent transfers include original UK pressings of XTC English Settlement and Drums & Wires as well as Gentle Giant's In a Glass House.

I actually have Click repair, and used to use it back when I was doing a lot of PC audio work (those days are sadly few and far between), but I also found a great program called WavePurity that not only gets the clicks but the noise as well, and has a great speed correction capability. I think it's from Germany, but it's a great program as well.

Click Repair is amazing! I usually keep it on a mild automatic setting and the results are fantastic. Occasionally I'll surgically apply the 'decrackle' for a rough spot or two but the vast majority of the time a gentle 'declicking' is all that is needed. Some recent transfers include original UK pressings of XTC English Settlement and Drums & Wires as well as Gentle Giant's In a Glass House.

Yup, I also leave it in Automatic and , since you can change the "percentage" of cleanliness on the fly, I can go from 20 in a normal clean one to 80 on really noisy ones , especially at the end-it all depends on the pressing...I have a tougher time cleaning surface noise , though, I can't seem to find the correct setting...
But , for its price and effectiveness, it's the best...for me!!!

I actually have Click repair, and used to use it back when I was doing a lot of PC audio work (those days are sadly few and far between), but I also found a great program called WavePurity that not only gets the clicks but the noise as well, and has a great speed correction capability. I think it's from Germany, but it's a great program as well.

Thanks Jon, I'll have to check it out!
EDIT....I just found it and the basic version is around 30 Euros....THANKS!, I'll probably get it....

Adobe Audition 3.0 is still free from Adobe. And ClickFix for Audition is the primary declicker I use for both its speed and its quality. ClickFix is available both as a free version and a $29 full version at http://www.jdklein.com/clickfix/ . Audition itself comes with two very good declickers which I use when the sound is very quiet (like during fade outs).

I used Audition 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 declicker in the past until I got the standard version of iZotope RX3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhjXkzgigO8) last June after hearing a rip of an LP that was restored with RX3. I am/was so impressed that I upgraded to iZotope RX4 Advanced last month when it came out. Just absolutely amazing.

UK's 1st LP (really bad EG "Half speed mastered"(sic) LP) ...getting ready for next week's gig in London...

and

SAGA "20/20" ...I can't express how much I like(and admire) this group...this one from 2013 is better than their last one from 2014 "Sagacity" , IMO...get the LPs...

What's good for surface noise? I find Audition's built in auto click remover to be pretty good for clicks, but I am sometimes left with bumpy noises. Mono stuff can be easier as I can use the extract centre channel facility.

Was cleaning Side A of Kiss' "Hotter than Hell", an early (purple label) Canadian pressing...
For being kinda "low-fi" rock, it sounded quite good..and it was a great pressing!!

Oh wow...last time I posted on this thread I was in Madrid....shit...time flies!!!! and now I first "clean" it with Click Repair at about 10% ("Off" monitoring) and then I use Izotope in real time to clean out the remaining pops and noises...

OK, now I am cleaning the Columbia Records Club LP version of Genesis' Abacab...pretty good pressing although there are a few sibilance moments here and there..I am hearing a lot of things I had not heard before (mainly cause I am listening RATHER LOUD!!!)

And again, one of my main rants is the "revisionist" mix on the SACD...the gated drums are a MAJOR sonic footprint on this LP...and of course I am blaming Tony "dirty paw prints" Banks!!!

Back