Comments Inspired by Kraftwerk - 3D: The Catalogue [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate this (in Dolby Atmos -- wonderful!) a lot more for having watched the Amazon Prime documentary on Brian Eno (Brian Eno 1971 - 1977 The Man who fell to Earth). Synth music is the way of the future -- and what better medium to have in surround?

If only we had some Brian Eno in Atmos! (Or even 5.1.) Thanks for hepping me to the documentary.

Sorry I wasnt clear, guess it was because of the previous post I questioned. I am looking for the 2 disc set which has 1 BR disc which has the Dolby Atmos mix and whatever other disc it comes with. Hope this clears it up?😀
Finally found the 2 Disc set of this on eBay.....Got it in the mail quickly....but the seller is now SOL :love: :SB(y) Kraftwerk 3-D 2 Disc set Back Cover.jpgKraftwerk 3-D 2 Disc set Front Cover.jpg

I don't think it is a very good price,glad I can listen to it on Tidal,I'm not a fan of the 3D visuals.Saw them live with 3D and all,that was cool. :cool:

Sorry to ask but could someone navigate me through the blu ray options on this, I'm having trouble understanding the single or multiple discs and English and German versions. thanks
I tried to get this a while ago as a bargain but it never shipped

Sorry to ask but could someone navigate me through the blu ray options on this, I'm having trouble understanding the single or multiple discs and English and German versions. thanks
I tried to get this a while ago as a bargain but it never shipped

Someone said they added the German version to streaming and I was wondering the same?

I do know, the English version breaks down to, the same audio on both the live concert and just the background visuals. There is some redundancy here. The audio quality and mix makes up for it!

The single disc blu-ray I would consider a sampler. Not sure if it is the live performance or the background visuals or if it's a mix of the two?

I’m a 5 or 6 year lurker here and I’ve just joined. I love these disks. They are always the ones I demo to my friends. 10 from me, but shouldn’t they be in the Music Video poll? The same as say the Peter Gabriel ”Play” (which is also pretty good).

I think it is fine where it is. It certainly isn't videos like Play. It might fit into a live concert poll but the same audio is ALSO presented as just visuals. Welcome and good first post!

I voted 10. I wanted to post my thoughts on this poll awhile ago but forgot. I, like others missed the intial release and I eventually purchased for $225.00.
This set, gorgeous, from book to the four Blu Ray Discs.
I believe the 4 months it took me to build my Atmos Room was intended for this release.
I ripped the non concert discs for my listening and viewing pleasure. The concert discs sounded incredible, equal to the non concert discs, but the little men in the beginning that evetually became bigger men at the end, was not to my liking when compared to discs #3&4, the non concert discs.
The non concert disc is pure large graphics that are very cool on my big TV.
Ripping: I ripped as one film, reason was for the gapless playback, which JRiver cannot do if doing in chapters as a MKV video file, no problem with FLAC music files. So when I listen/watch this 24/48 MKV video file it is best of both worlds with sound and vision.
The non concert discs (FILM) are Disc 1 in length 1:57:36 and Disc 2- 2:50:15, 4 hours of music and visuals is a lot.
The Music in Atmos: Perfect, but it starts with the 5.1 foundation which by itself is super good, but the heights, 4 for me, sound incredible and just pull me into this magical discrete ball of sound. My 3 subs also blend superbly with the electronic music being like a river of sound that goes around and through me.
I am lucky that my 3 amps all have VU meters so if there is any confusion as to what is playing from what speaker, I never have to guess. I can also turn off the foundation amps leving the 1 amp driving the 4 height speakers. I do this ocasionally on Atmos mixes to check out the honesty of the mix, and as you could guess this mix was done by a very good mixing person.
If I was to be at all negative it would be even though there is a ton of content it can be redundant, between Concert and Film, I don't think even the most die hard Kraftwerk fan would go crazy happy with listening to 8 hours over and over?
Also in the two disc film, one chapter, I forget the name, is like a greatest hits, so it becomes redundant X 2.Outside of that trivial comment this is a Atmos listeners dream.

I took the time to brake them up into seperate albums in both audio only files (MKA) and A/V files with a video presentation (MKV). Both gapless.

Someone said they added the German version to streaming and I was wondering the same?

I do know, the English version breaks down to, the same audio on both the live concert and just the background visuals. There is some redundancy here. The audio quality and mix makes up for it!

The single disc blu-ray I would consider a sampler. Not sure if it is the live performance or the background visuals or if it's a mix of the two?
What are the bar codes for the complete and 1 disc blu ray sets

Back