DTS-CD Conversions (Again)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surroundophile

Surroundophile
Since 2002/2003
Can anyone help me?
I recently purchased form a QQ member a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card to do conversions. The suppled instructions says I need to use Cool Edit Pro for it to work. (the seller didn't tell me I would have to spend more money). In check out this additional software, I found it's no longer made and was replces by Adobe. However, I found Cool Edit Pro 2 on Ebay and bought it. However, in setting up CEP2, the set up screen is way different. The supplied instructions say, go into options/device preferences and set playback to Santa Cruz Front Wave and Santa Cruz Rear Wave, and recording to Santa Cruz and Sant Cruz Secondary Rec. However, I don't get anykind of screens anything like that. Under options I only get device properties. Under that I get wave out, wave in, MIDI out, MIDI in, ext controller. Wave out allows Santa Cruz Front Wave OR Santa Cruz Rear Wave, but NOT both. Wave in does allow Santa Cruz. But these look nothing like the diagram in the provided instructions, which shows a large chart of the winsow for 16 inputs and 16 outputs. Does anyone have any experience with this that could help me? The person I bought it from never used it, doesn't seem to know, and is not returning my emails. Do I maybe nee an earlier version, like Coll Edit Pro 1? If so, where can I find it? HELP!!

I don't have CEP 2.0, but I have Adobe Audition 1.0 (the next version after). I am guessing that you are looking at the edit view when trying to set the inputs. You need to be in multitrack view. There, you can set the individual inputs for the first four tracks. So, for example, the input for track one might be "Santa Cruz Front Left," for track two "Santa Cruz Front Right," etc. When you're ready to record, make sure that "Record" is armed for each track so that you're recording all four track simultaneously.

J. D.

I've done this before. But I don't remember how. I still have my santa cruz installed in my computer, but I don't use it for conversions, it's nice to have an extra output or input as needed for various things. I can't get it going in audition 1.5. In order for both inputs to show up in the list of inputs in multitrack mode, they have to be added as inputs that can be chosen from. That's done in settings or properties somewhere. I don't know if there's something else I'd need to do, or if it just doesn't work in audition 1.5. I'll poke around a bit later and let you know if I find something if you're still not able to do it, maybe I can dig up a copy of cep 2.0 somewhere and try it out.

Ok, I've had a chance to play with it. I assume you're using the instructions that can be found here without working pictures anymore, http://web.archive.org/web/20040319154057/http://www.quadmasters.com/Page_2.htm.

So I assume you have the config settings right for the card as instructed from those. I don't know about CEP 2.0 since I haven't used it in so long, but I recall it being similar to audition 1.5. In audition 1.5, going to options>device order allows you to select what inputs and outputs can be selected for recording and playing back multitracks. From there, the rest of the instructions should work the same. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Back