dBPowerAmp Anyone?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The56Kid

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I’ve been slowly digitizing my CD collection over the past 13 months using dBPowerAmp’s CD Ripper. So far, it’s been smooth sailing and I’ve successfully ripped over 2000 discs.

I’ve run into some odd issues this past week, however, and I’d like to hear from any other dBPowerAmp users to determine if what I’m experiencing is systemic or unique to me.

The CD Ripper normally does an accuracy comparison between the file resulting from your rip and their database by comparing checksums. This feature is no longer functioning for me. Additionally, the rips now take much longer to complete. Finally, I’m unable to access dBPowerAmp’s website. This concerns me because I can’t determine if they’re still in business or still support their product.

Hopefully this is just a momentary glitch.

I bought an older version that I have used since expiration, but not lately. I know exactly what you are describing, but have not had that problem in the past. I also haven't used it recently. If possible, I will try over the weekend and see if I have similar issues.

Keep me up to date on your experiences.

I bought an older version that I have used since expiration, but not lately. I know exactly what you are describing, but have not had that problem in the past. I also haven't used it recently. If possible, I will try over the weekend and see if I have similar issues.

Keep me up to date on your experiences.
Likewise.

I’ve been slowly digitizing my CD collection over the past 13 months using dBPowerAmp’s CD Ripper. So far, it’s been smooth sailing and I’ve successfully ripped over 2000 discs.

I’ve run into some odd issues this past week, however, and I’d like to hear from any other dBPowerAmp users to determine if what I’m experiencing is systemic or unique to me.

The CD Ripper normally does an accuracy comparison between the file resulting from your rip and their database by comparing checksums. This feature is no longer functioning for me. Additionally, the rips now take much longer to complete. Finally, I’m unable to access dBPowerAmp’s website. This concerns me because I can’t determine if they’re still in business or still support their product.

Hopefully this is just a momentary glitch.
I have it on my computer but don't use it much at all. I'm satisfied with Foobar2000 for most stuff.

Have you loaded any other programs lately, sometimes there are programs that might get loaded and conflict with the Dynamic-link library's (DLL) of others -IIRC.

Have you tried the basic full shut down and open on your computer?

I can still open the web site through my software, and it seems to have updated around 2/2024.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

I haven’t used dbpoweramp for about 15 years. If I decide to rip a CD, I use goldwave, which updates fairly often, and rips to FLAC with usually accurate metadata.

Back