Deep Purple - Stormbringer Quad Re-Issued

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How so?
Release date, catalogue number, looks real enough.
Of course - will it appear? "Paranoid" didn't, and even my preorder on Amazon was removed.
So who knows.

Neil,

Did you ever get this disk? If so, what are your comments? I see it is still offered for sale on Play.

The Lucanu version sounds better than the official released version.

If you don't have the official release, please get it. They really tried on this one. Packaging, bonus content, overall presentation are very nice. The official remaster is very good. It is a different presentation simply put. I prefer Lucanu's version too. But it really doesn't diminish this official release in any way. This ain't the Black Sabbath release by any stretch. If you consider Lucanu's version , for arguments sake, a 8.5 out of 10. I would go 8 on the official on just the surround mix. Then taking into account the bonus material and the rest of it, let's just say it is definitely worth picking up.

Besides, we have to support this kind of release, it's official, with band members involvement. And at least they tried.

Back