• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Deleted/Low Stock Surround Sound SACDs at Dutton Vocalion

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
its possible.. but what if the licence has expired? Cherry Red just did a Poco 70's boxset with these two albums included (no Quad of course, naturally) personally i wouldn't bank on some of these getting a repress.. that Hues Corporation 2-fers still out of stock on their website fwiw.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
If Poco does not get a repress it would not be because licensing expired. But rather sales were cooler than what they might have been. Sony are generally keen to extend any deal that was successful.

Poco is a desirable title being a two-fer, and strong quad mixes, and the band has some name recognition.

But then again, no real hits on these albums either. It could go either way. I predict a repress on this title. It’s a “must-have” for the pop/rock collector, more so than some of the others. Just an opinion, we’ll see.

bmoura

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
If Poco does not get a repress it would not be because licensing expired. But rather sales were cooler than what they might have been. Sony are generally keen to extend any deal that was successful.

Poco is a desirable title being a two-fer, and strong quad mixes, and the band has some name recognition.

But then again, no real hits on these albums either. It could go either way. I predict a repress on this title. It’s a “must-have” for the pop/rock collector, more so than some of the others. Just an opinion, we’ll see.
It could be due to a variety of factors. The standard licensing deals include a payment to the record labels for each SACD (or CD) pressed.
On the other hand, if the reissue label doesn't see sales of a specific album that justify a repressing, they won't order another batch.

van1

If there is no repress, then prices will rocket as this is an amazing release

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
That’s why when a title is red hot and limited, grab two copies if you can afford it.

I saw Billy Cobham AF SACD back-ordered, and waited and waited, while no repress happened and no word from AF that this title was basically OOP the day it shipped to retail.

HDave

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Only the "Guess Who's" American woman/share the land is unavailable on both DV and Amazon sites. Poco and the Guess Who, had more success in southern California instead of nationaly. GW also did well in some border states.
Not surprised that the American Woman/Share the Land is sold out being that both albums charted the highest in the states, both in the top 20 of billboards 200 LP'S. A brilliant selection by DV to release, this 2fer.
One available on discogs for $87+ shipping from Russia 👎, none on eBay. I may have to sell my extra copy.🤔
812EVQmMfgL._SL1418_.jpg

Last edited:

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Try Grooves Inc. for American Woman/Share the Land.
I ordered it from them quite recently, it arrived earlier this week.
Only takes a $20 order to get free shipping

Last edited:

Audiowannabee

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Surely they'd do another pressing??? They repressed pure praire league....this GW was just released end of August...its only beginning of December....just shortly over 3 months....WOW im guessing they'll repress