Did somebody here beat me out of this lot of 17 DVD-As ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to shoot in another bid, a snipe but got distracted. Once upon a time I had sniping software. (Prospector and Ace Sniper)
But I don't buy enough anymore to make those things worth while.

Most eBay listings now seem to be "buy it now". Years ago most listings were auctions, I remember sniping quite a few times. I also remember missing out on a lot of times when I got distracted, many times the winning bid was just one step (bid) above mine. I remember eBay encouraging you to put in the highest maximum bid that you are willing to pay and simply wait for the auction to end, rather than sniping. That idea leaves a lot to chance, what if the winner is only slightly above your top bid so you miss out? If everyone did that instead of waiting and snipping I would think that the eventual selling price would likely end up being a lot higher, so no wonder eBay encouraged people no to snip!.

Deciding how much you actually want something is the most difficult part. I remember when I was an ebay noob , I was trafficking in microscopes and what I later discovered was a famous dealer who adopted sniping early sniped me out of a gadget. I was very angry. But I quickly learned how to do it myself.
Of course the good part is that if you snipe you get it for the best price possible. Sometimes I have abandoned aurctions where two noobs or shills of the seller start a bidding war.

Of course the trouble with lots like this is , that there are usually several discs you don't really want that badly. I would have sniped way higher than I bid but I only do it at the end.

Of course you don't know how much higher the winning bidder actually bid. I might have gone about $70 or $80 on this lot but a bid of $170 would not have been unreasonable for someone. The second place bidder gets the honor of setting the price.

Back