Did the DTS-CD of "Days of Future Past" get re-issued?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the DTS-CD selling for somewhat high prices (or at least asking high prices) not too long ago on the eBay and Amazon Marketplace types of places? But now I see Amazon has had it back in stock for about $15 for some time now.

It was probably just my imagination, since things like re-issues don't happen to us surround-music faithful. But maybe not?

AFAIK, it changed from CD jewel case to a DVD-A box and marketed as "5.1 music disc". Don't think there's any difference otherwise.

Relatedly, I sold 2 DTS CDs (Not Fragile & Fly Like An Eagle) to a knowledgeable lunatic on eBay who returned them because they were 4.0 quad and not 5.1 like the later DTS issues. WTF? I did not get a clear answer to this question on QQ despite asked pointedly twice.

Last edited:
Returned them because they were 4.0? Man... That's picky! I almost prefer 4.0 over 5.1, but I'll take surround in most any form we can get it.

Speaking of "Not Fragile", I've actually managed to buy 2 copies of it for my personal use, and to this day I still haven't listened to either one. Heck, I can't even remember what songs they sing offhand. But one just wasn't enough for me! :eek:

(In fairness, I think the second copy I bought was dirt cheap.)

But it still doesn't answer the question whether DTS issued 4.0 mixes and then later offered "5.1" mixes of the very same titles. I find it to be ridiculous, but this chap was adamant about it and no one here came out and refuted it.

It doesn't really make sense for them to have re-done them (I guess pulling out a center and sub really isn't a remix). But, I don't have different versions of the same title to compare. If they did redo them I would think that the original 4.0 ones would be considered more valuable.

But it still doesn't answer the question whether DTS issued 4.0 mixes and then later offered "5.1" mixes of the very same titles. I find it to be ridiculous, but this chap was adamant about it and no one here came out and refuted it.
Seems i addressed that issue. All our quad titles were 4.0 and were refigured to 5.1. because of demands by DTS. But everything is kept in place, turn down the sub and center. This was done on all our titles which were quad reissues. NEVER were released in 4.0.

AFAIK, it changed from CD jewel case to a DVD-A box and marketed as "5.1 music disc". Don't think there's any difference otherwise.

Relatedly, I sold 2 DTS CDs (Not Fragile & Fly Like An Eagle) to a knowledgeable lunatic on eBay who returned them because they were 4.0 quad and not 5.1 like the later DTS issues. WTF? I did not get a clear answer to this question on QQ despite asked pointedly twice.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that, in regards to Fly Like an Eagle, the early "CD jewel case" version is exactly the same as the later "Super Jewel Case" version.

Seems i addressed that issue. All our quad titles were 4.0 and were refigured to 5.1. because of demands by DTS. But everything is kept in place, turn down the sub and center. This was done on all our titles which were quad reissues. NEVER were released in 4.0.

Yes you did! but somehow it wasn't as definitive as it is here. I asked again in a follow up later and that's where it faded out at the time.

My specific question was there were never two version (4.0 then 5.1) as this person swore to me there was and returned the disc questioning my reputation.

I'm going to share this insider information with said dickweed along with some new medication suggestions.

About a year and a half ago, I bought the Days Of Future Passed DTS-CD at a Best Buy and it came in a regular CD jewel case. Actually I first saw it being sold that way about a year(?) earlier.

I have the DTS Moodies Disc and my copy came in the regular style jewel case. I purchased it about a year or so ago at a Hastings
Music store in Arizona. It was new but don't know how long it had been sitting in the store bin either.

Back