DirecTV sucks??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so that seems to mostly work. Still, now, in the guide, I still see a couple dozen that are not in bold white font, sort of non bold and gray. I click on those, and it says I don't get those. Why are they showing up in my menu? Even after choosing channels I get?
Might be the guide needs to refresh with the new commands in place. My SD channel duplicates do not show up. The guide refreshes on its own after a short period of time.

oak is ok, kinda lost interst - but more into Project Blue Book and Alone - both great shows :LB
Yep I feel the same way about Oak, it's become very scripted. Just recorded all the PBB to rewatch before the new season (2) starts.
For me out in the sticks I was hoping ATT Uverse would get to us but that didn't happen and I'm stuck with minimum speed on the internet and if I want the NFL ticket, Dish network won't do that.
So DirecTV rules out in the sticks.

Yep I feel the same way about Oak, it's become very scripted. Just recorded all the PBB to rewatch before the new season (2) starts.
For me out in the sticks I was hoping ATT Uverse would get to us but that didn't happen and I'm stuck with minimum speed on the internet and if I want the NFL ticket, Dish network won't do that.
So DirecTV rules out in the sticks.
Have you watched "The Search for Bigfoot's Lost Nazi Gold?" - I love that show on History Channel :)

IMO, there are 4 segments of customers.
A. Those hating DirecTV & switching to X.
B. Those hating Dish & switching to Y.
C. Those hating Comcast(Cable) switching to Z.
D. Those hating X, Y & Z switching to Streaming.

For me, DirecTV is the final place before switching entirely to D.
In my area, DirecTV PQ was demonstrably better when I switched several yeas ago.
Upgraded to 4k last March, nice.
The DirecTV UI does suck but they are limited in their bandwidth for this.

5G is going to change everything, trust me.
No more satellite, copper\fiber infrastructure will be phased out.

PS
By far the most cost effective & efficient way to bring broadband service to rural\sparsely populated areas.

Last edited:
I bought my first DirecTV dish at WalMart and put it up in the back yard in the mid 90's 'cause my wife had hand surgery and was gonna be stuck at home for a few months. Plus she always made fun of my high tech rabbit ears-onna-tomato stake antenna system.
But after AT&T blood suckers bought them out they went totally to crap. Fortunately I had had no contract for a long time so I could just quit so I went to Dish. Then Dish & AT&T squabble over HBO (which AT&t owns) and I miss the final season of TGOT. Bassards!
When Dish contract is up this year not sure what I'm gonna do, as even the broadcast stations are not very close.
I need to start investigating, I guess. Might go all internet based.

I'm in the midst of a 2 year contract with Direct. They pulled us in after being a 7 year Dish man. They got me with 2 year $69.99 deal. So, for that, I guess I'm stuck and should be happy. But, I just cannot get used to the damn menu. Also, about 2 weeks after we switched....a couple of our major local channels were "dropped". Mmmm, huh. Whatever...

I bought my first DirecTV dish at WalMart and put it up in the back yard in the mid 90's 'cause my wife had hand surgery and was gonna be stuck at home for a few months. Plus she always made fun of my high tech rabbit ears-onna-tomato stake antenna system.
But after AT&T blood suckers bought them out they went totally to crap. Fortunately I had had no contract for a long time so I could just quit so I went to Dish. Then Dish & AT&T squabble over HBO (which AT&t owns) and I miss the final season of TGOT. Bassards!
When Dish contract is up this year not sure what I'm gonna do, as even the broadcast stations are not very close.
I need to start investigating, I guess. Might go all internet based.
All TV media people are going to cause us minor grief at one time or another. l only have broadcast basic cable but still have to pay a premium because the networks managed to extract a pound of flesh from the cable companies. Specifically, a lot of people can’t get reception with an antenna, so cable, fiber, dish, etc is a necessity and therefore so is paying the premium.

If you go internet only you can stream shows but still must have a “TV provider” (I.e. cable company) to get live TV. So no way to see if Tom Brady’s old age and treachery will overcome Mahomes and Lamar’s youth and skill in the NFL playoffs. Yes, YouTube TV has the games but it costs even more than braodcast basic cable.

Anyway, there are much worse problems in this world than things like this. Merry Christmas!

All TV media people are going to cause us minor grief at one time or another. l only have broadcast basic cable but still have to pay a premium because the networks managed to extract a pound of flesh from the cable companies. Specifically, a lot of people can’t get reception with an antenna, so cable, fiber, dish, etc is a necessity and therefore so is paying the premium.

If you go internet only you can stream shows but still must have a “TV provider” (I.e. cable company) to get live TV. So no way to see if Tom Brady’s old age and treachery will overcome Mahomes and Lamar’s youth and skill in the NFL playoffs. Yes, YouTube TV has the games but it costs even more than braodcast basic cable.

Anyway, there are much worse problems in this world than things like this. Merry Christmas!
🎄 🇨🇽🎅🤶

I did not know but suspected as much. I actually have an outside 30 ft antenna with a signal gain but the actual antenna is old an now pretty much blocked by a rapid growing tree. I actually spend little time watching tv, but when my wife is off work she delights in the cooking shows and whatever is on HGTV & DIY.
Yes there are worse things in the world, but I already allow them too much access into my head, and have lived some of them, well I'll stop it there.
Merry Christmas back at ya, my friend.

Back