DSOTM bluray quad playback mode

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daje58

What is the best playback mode for DSOTM quad Bluray playback? Come on somebody knows this.

Thanks

Direct or pure or natural or whatever it's called on your receiver/processor. Just output the PCM and let it pass thru untouched, assuming you have proper speaker setup and bass management done. Also, use room/speaker correction (e.g. Audyssey) if desired and available.

On the Oppo BDP-83SE there is a "Pure Audio" mode (not to be confused with Pure Audio Blu-Ray, which is a format developed by MSM Studios in Germany and adopted as an AES standard) that when pressed simply turns off all video circuitry.
Personally, I use the audio board on the SE and output decoded PCM straight to my amplifier.

I just pass the BD audio over HDMI to my AVR. I let the AVR do bass management.

A_L

On the Oppo BDP-83SE there is a "Pure Audio" mode (not to be confused with Pure Audio Blu-Ray, which is a format developed by MSM Studios in Germany and adopted as an AES standard) that when pressed simply turns off all video circuitry.
Personally, I use the audio board on the SE and output decoded PCM straight to my amplifier.

Yep - me too......

Back