DTS-CD DTS Star Wars Cinema CDs decode?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aludra

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hello All,

I came across 10 years ago (6) Star Wars DTS theatrical CDs meant to be synced with film playback. After a bit of research I found these use a different codec than the consumer based DTS CDs. The discs contain .AUD files. Has anyone here had any luck decoding cinema based DTS files into multichannel wav files?? Thank for any help!
Mike

I also have one of these cinema DTS discs, also Star Wars. I also have not found a way to play these.
Cinema DTS uses a 14 bit word IIRC.
Sorry I could not be of any help.

vinylguy4

Thanks for your input...I wonder if a DTS cinema machine can be rented and copied that way??? I found a plugin that can be used in winamp that might work, but its pretty iffy...Any ideas out there in quadraphonic land???

The DTS processor in the projection booth gets timecode from the projector, and the timecode on the print has an id that must correspond to the CD’s id, ensuring that the wrong audio will not play with a print.

In other words, if you rent a standard DTS cinema decoder, you will need to have the film print as well as the CDs.

Back