Hiromi - "Blue Giant" movie soundtrack in Dolby Atmos to be available on Blu Ray!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived. Good selection of surround audio formats. And I don't know if this has been already mentioned but main bonus feature is Q&A with Hiromi.

Had a bit of laser in my left eye today to take care of a retinal horseshoe tear. Pretty fuzzy right now. I'll wait not rush it & enjoy this weekend. Meanwhile as was said earlier, looking forward to @J. PUPSTER's comments.
Hoping for a speedy recovery, SW! 👀

Perhaps Hiromi's label Telarc/Concord Music/UMG will eventually release the Blue Giant soundtrack in ATMOS on a BD~A!

Will look forward to all your comments regarding the 1080p BD~V!

Mine just arrived. Good selection of surround audio formats. And I don't know if this has been already mentioned but main bonus feature is Q&A with Hiromi.

Had a bit of laser in my left eye today to take care of a retinal horseshoe tear. Pretty fuzzy right now. I'll wait not rush it & enjoy this weekend. Meanwhile as was said earlier, looking forward to @J. PUPSTER's comments.
I haven't watched the movie yet, but did just finish ripping the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 files to MKV and converting to 5.1 flac (7.1 Atmos is also an option.) Will not save them for storage.

Looking and listening to all 31 tracks with info in Audacity, it has nice Fronts and Center information but just ambience of the fronts for the rear channels. And of course, no full "just" music tracks without dialog, in case anyone was wondering.

At least that's the story of my GKIDS copy. Don't know if there is any difference in a 'Shout Factory' version vs. my GKIDS, but mine came from Amazon and had no insert/booklet or other info other than a slip cover.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blue-Giant-Blu-ray/345806/

Will actually catch the movie as time allows.

Get well soon S-Dubya 🤗

I haven't watched the movie yet, but did just finish ripping the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 files to MKV and converting to 5.1 flac (7.1 Atmos is also an option.) Will not save them for storage.

Looking and listening to all 31 tracks with info in Audacity, it has nice Fronts and Center information but just ambience of the fronts for the rear channels. And of course, no full "just" music tracks without dialog, in case anyone was wondering.

At least that's the story of my GKIDS copy. Don't know if there is any difference in a 'Shout Factory' version vs. my GKIDS, but mine came from Amazon and had no insert/booklet or other info other than a slip cover.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blue-Giant-Blu-ray/345806/

Will actually catch the movie as time allows.

Get well soon S-Dubya 🤗
Hi J-Pup.
I bought the standalone GKIDS and went to watch and just couldn't get into it. Went through some chapters and watched a little bit of Hiromi Interview, camera was too far back, anyway as far as watching all, I'm going to shelve it.

Question: I assumed if I ripped the Dolby Atmos I would get the dialog and music?
When you ripped did you get music only?

OT - All the best. Hope you have a full recovery. I had this done to a tear about 2 decades ago. I still have a small gap in my L-eyes' vision but the brain auto-fills what's missing. Scary when it occurred and they put me under the chairs' laser immediately.

Received my Giant copy yesterday. Hope to watch it this evening - 😜

Hoping for a speedy recovery, SW! 👀

Perhaps Hiromi's label Telarc/Concord Music/UMG will eventually release the Blue Giant soundtrack in ATMOS on a BD~A!

Will look forward to all your comments regarding the 1080p BD~V!
Qobuz has the soundtrack in 48-24 stereo, to listen, but one of the rare ones that is not available to purchase on Qobuz.

Hi J-Pup.
I bought the standalone GKIDS and went to watch and just couldn't get into it. Went through some chapters and watched a little bit of Hiromi Interview, camera was too far back, anyway as far as watching all, I'm going to shelve it.

Question: I assumed if I ripped the Dolby Atmos I would get the dialog and music?
When you ripped did you get music only?
I just ripped the 5.1, but yes dialog with the music. I assume the 7.1 Atmos will be the same.

Latest posts

Back