Dual Disc Dual Disc promoted in Columbia House this month

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
FYI - Columbia House has several mentions of DualDisc with their club communications this month.

Whether you access the CD club on-line or the snail mail catalog, there is an explanation of the "format" and a listing of titles. A separate insert for DualDisc was mailed with the usual catalog; it featured 20 titles and detailed what was on the DVD side of each. With DualDisc in a title search on-line, 26 titles were seen. There may be more.

Interesting. I wish BMG's Yourmusic club would carry more DualDiscs. Specifically, I wouldn't mind having Duran Duran's Astronaut on DualDisc; but I just can't bring myself to pay full price for something that is only Dolby Digital. I'd maybe even consider some other Sony DualDiscs if I could get them for $5.99.

Eugenius said:
Interesting. I wish BMG's Yourmusic club would carry more DualDiscs. Specifically, I wouldn't mind having Duran Duran's Astronaut on DualDisc; but I just can't bring myself to pay full price for something that is only Dolby Digital. I'd maybe even consider some other Sony DualDiscs if I could get them for $5.99.

I'm pleased that Columbia House is releasing DualDiscs. It was certainly a pleasant surprise. But be aware that at least for now, they're selling with "Restrictions Apply", meaning full price, and not applicable to the special offers. I'm hoping this is just because they're considered new releases.

Back