Dual Disc Dual Discs at CostCo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Today while I was at CostCo I noticed that they had a few of the non-Hi Rez dual discs. As I recall they had Los Lonely Boys, AC/DC, Destiny's Child and something to do with violins, oh and Kind of Blue. They were in long boxes (remember those?) with a little blurb about being a cd on one side and a DVD on the other. Didn't bring any of them home... But, you can't get much more mainstream than CostCo, so at least it's market penetration. Can I say penetration here?

I also saw some Sony DualDiscs at a local BJ's Wholesale club. They are at Sams and Target, they are getting into places DVD-A and SACD never did.

Somehow, I have a feeling that these are going to catch on. I just hope that all of the non-Sony's at least do the HiRez side, even if it's 24/48.

Damn - I knew someone was going to ask. I don't remember/didn't look. Most of their cds cost about $12, so I would guess about that. Considering what I've read about them around here I just wasn't interested. If no one else posts before the next time I'm there I'll look and report back.

tcdriver said:
What are the DualDiscs selling for?

I saw 'em yesterday at my Costco for $12.99. All the stuff we've seen so far: Los Lonely Boys, Destiny's Child, etc.

I almost dropped my jaw when I saw "Back In Black," but it's not MC :mad:

Clark

Back