Dutton Vocalion April 2019 Surround Sound SACD (Tomita's Firebird)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DV just posted on facebook - a new Tomita release it seems https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8558

Great NEWS and a GREAT RELEASE. Hopefully, May 1st will bring more news of new releases, as well.

See the source image

Maybe, but probably not why they released it. SteelyDave says that titles released today, have been in the pipeline for much, much longer than we realize.

That's the case with every music company and seller - and almost every music release.
It takes time to put together the recording, transfer, mastering, disc production, marketing, etc.

That's the case with every music company and seller - and almost every music release.
It takes time to put together the recording, transfer, mastering, disc production, marketing, etc.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth; but that's how I've always felt about D-V, it's a lot of work that we don't see - a real gift!

There were 8 Tomita Quad LPs
7 CD4s 1 SQ
Is that the most Quad LPs by an artist in the 70s (not Studio Orchestra,s)

its impressive but even including the Electric Samurai "Switched-On Hit & Rock" as a Tomita album, 8's not the most Quads by a long chalk.

16 Henry Mancini's;
Best Of, Best Of Vol 2, Brass Ivory & Strings, Brass On Ivory, Concert Sound Of, Country Gentleman, Hangin' Out, Live In Japan, Mancini Country, Return Of Pink Panther, Salutes Sousa, Screen Best, Six Hours Past Sunset, Symphonic Soul, Theme From Z, Warm Shade Of Ivory.

13 Santana's;
Abraxas, Amigos, Borboletta, Caravanserai, Carlos Santana Live with Buddy Miles!, Festival, Greatest Hits, Lotus, Illuminations, Love Devotion Surrender, Santana, Santana III, Welcome.

12 Ray Conniff's;
Alone Again (Naturally), Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song, Happy Sound Of, Harmony, I Write The Songs, Laughter In The Rain, Love Story, Love Theme From The Godfather, Love Will Keep Us Together, Send In The Clowns, Theme From SWAT, Way We Were.

9 Percy Faith's;
Black Magic Woman, Chinatown, Clair, Day By Day, Joy, In Concert/Live In Japan, Love Theme Romeo & Juliet, New Thing, The Entertainer

8 Barbra Streisand's;
BJS, Butterfly, Funny Girl, Funny Lady, Lazy Afternoon, Live At Forum, Stoney End, Way We Were.

8 Johnny Mathis';
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, I'm Coming Home, Live In Person, Love Story, Me & Mrs Jones, Song Sung Blue, When Will I See You Again, You've Got A Friend.

7 Andy Williams';
Alone Again (Naturally), Andy, An Evening With/Live In Japan, Love Story, Love Theme From The Godfather, You Lay So Easy On My Mind, You've Got A Friend.

Last edited:
Back