DVD-A LPCM --> .wav?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
As some of you may know, there's an app out there called (deleted by Moderator) that converts PPCM from non-copyprotected discs to .wav (it does so in real time, as the disc or disc image plays on a computer).

Is there such an app for DVD-Audio containing LPCM rather than PPCM?

Last edited by a moderator:
Name of app deleted - for all sorts of reasons. Mainly we cannot discuss illegal rippers publicly here. Sorry about that.
There are at least 2 applications I can think of that can extract LPCM from unprotected DVD-A legally.
1 - Cirlinca DVD-Audio Solo 1.2 Beta
2 - Steinberg's WaveLab 5 or 6 (although not very well)

Well, I downloaded the trial version of Cirlinca DVD-Audio Solo 1.2 (seems not to be beta, though; build 0706501, date 2007) and followed the instructions for ripping audio from a DVD-A I know to be non-copyprotected. No luck. The app sees that there's a disc in the DVD drive, displays its volume name and subdirectories in the Explorer side , but when I drag the disc icon into the project area as instructed...nothing happens. The subdirectories shown in Explorer are AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS as usual, but dragging either of them does nothing either; if I drag an .AOB file, a 'format not supported' message appears in the dialog box..saying it only supports aiff, mp3 , flac, ogg , cue and cda.

Loading a CD into the drive , I encounter no problem dragging it into
the project window, which displays a set of .cda files as expected.

So, wots, uh, the deal? Does this app really rip unprotected DVD-Audio to wav, or not?? Can it even 'see' AOB, VOB or IFO files?

Latest posts

Back