eagle vision sampler

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just received a copy yesterday and watched it last night. Not too shaby. I was most taken by Deep Purple and the "Smoke on the water" version. Too bad they couldn't offer more. I had to play it like 4 times I liked it so much. Styx has what appears to be a whole high school, complete with band. And Buddy Guy with Santanna is great! And the rest is OK also. Even the stuff I do not like is OK. Will be buying a couple BD's
for sure after this.

I just received a copy yesterday and watched it last night. Not too shaby. I was most taken by Deep Purple and the "Smoke on the water" version. Too bad they couldn't offer more. I had to play it like 4 times I liked it so much. Styx has what appears to be a whole high school, complete with band. And Buddy Guy with Santanna is great! And the rest is OK also. Even the stuff I do not like is OK. Will be buying a couple BD's
for sure after this.

Hopefully when everyone gets a copy, Jon will put it up on the polls.

So what is the deal with Santana anyway? They always seem to need a guest host. Have they gotten lazy?

So what is the deal with Santana anyway? They always seem to need a guest host. Have they gotten lazy?

After the string of hits on Arista where Santana was paired with a variety of new artists, they're probably channeling what looks like a winning formula.

You can thank Clive Davis for that marketing strategy, 'cause he's so Smooth. As George Carlin so aptly pointed out, Guest Host is an oxymoron. :mad:@:

I really appreciated him so much more before he became a commercial item. humble and talented, progressive musicion who probably needs the cash? why else would he abandon where he was headed with mahavishnu (J M)
but he does right with Buddy Guy. Who needs no assistance.

First, I love Santana and have bought all his albums/videos from the first one until now. To say either that he recently became commercial, or that he abandoned progressive (jazz/fusion) music when he made Love, Devotion & Surrender would both be incorrect. His albums sold well from the get, and most of what he released is/was commercial. Santana III, perhaps his best, WAS commercial, as were Zebop and Inner Secrets. If you think he abandoned jazz/fusion with LD&S, better pick up the Swing of Delight from eight years later w/some of the best jazz players. More recently, the Blu-Ray/DVD Hymns for Peace from Montreaux 2004 is with Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter.

Yes, I agree that since reuinting with Clive Davis to produce Supernatural, much of his output panders to the lowest common denominator. This is seemingly with the sole purpose of bolstering sales. He has always done varied projects, and hopefully, will continue to do so. He has been and will be a very commercial artist, who also produces some adventurous sounds.

I really appreciated him so much more before he became a commercial item. humble and talented, progressive musicion who probably needs the cash? why else would he abandon where he was headed with mahavishnu (J M)
but he does right with Buddy Guy. Who needs no assistance.

First, I love Santana and have bought all his albums/videos from the first one until now. To say either that he recently became commercial, or that he abandoned progressive (jazz/fusion) music when he made Love, Devotion & Surrender would both be incorrect. His albums sold well from the get, and most of what he released is/was commercial. Santana III, perhaps his best, WAS commercial, as were Zebop and Inner Secrets. If you think he abandoned jazz/fusion with LD&S, better pick up the Swing of Delight from eight years later w/some of the best jazz players. More recently, the Blu-Ray/DVD Hymns for Peace from Montreaux 2004 is with Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter.

Yes, I agree that since reuinting with Clive Davis to produce Supernatural, much of his output panders to the lowest common denominator. This is seemingly with the sole purpose of bolstering sales. He has always done varied projects, and hopefully, will continue to do so. He has been and will be a very commercial artist, who also produces some adventurous sounds.

That episode with supernatural really burned my ass. IT made me remeber back to when FM radio went commercial. I suppose considering the recent work, That adventure was just a flash. IT would seem so.

No, it wasn't just a flash. Guitar Heaven was pretty damn commercial, bordering on K-Tel-ish. It's just that he does more than that kind of stuff. BTW: the 2 disc expanded Supernatural Legacy Edition has some juicy stuff left off the original album. Most notable is a cover of Lighthouse's One Fine Morning. Great, but still commercial.
That episode with supernatural really burned my ass. IT made me remeber back to when FM radio went commercial. I suppose considering the recent work, That adventure was just a flash. IT would seem so.

No, it wasn't just a flash. Guitar Heaven was pretty damn commercial, bordering on K-Tel-ish. It's just that he does more than that kind of stuff. BTW: the 2 disc expanded Supernatural Legacy Edition has some juicy stuff left off the original album. Most notable is a cover of Lighthouse's One Fine Morning. Great, but still commercial.

Yes it does. I have it also. cannot resist anything santanna. but it still left me wondering. Good ay to put it-K tel ish.

Back