Earth, Wind & Fire - Head to the Sky - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (April 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking around the usual sites to find more information and wasn't able to come across any.
Apparently this info went out in some email, so I will be interested to see when other sites have more information on this for us.

BTW, I probably won't be picking this one up, mostly cause I still haven't bothered to pick up "Open Our Eyes". Overall, EWF just doesn't do it for me, but I'm very happy for those of you who will really get a kick out of this release. :)

Picture.
ewf.jpg

"Open Our Eyes" was such a wonderful surprise in quad that I'm in for this without hearing a note from it.

Was there two titles announced together as they usually do? What else is coming so far as rock is concerned? The Bootleg Dylan is the companion release?

Last edited:
JACKPOT!

This is another great quad mix, so excited to be getting it. So much for EW&F being off the table huh?

I think the other release for March is the Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Live 1964 one, which comes out on March 18th, a week before the now scheduled EW&F Head To The Sky.

It's great to get personal faves in quad. Then it's also very nice to get material that is new that I don't know well. Open Our Eyes was that new item for me. I have other EW&F, like Faces and the hits collection. But OOE was all unknown to me and rubbed me right. No hits and it still did well enough that AF are going for another one of their albums and in quad.

EW&F became my second favorite or most played AF SACD thus far (after Alice Cooper MoL).

Not a massive EWF fan, but checked out some samples and this could be really interesting.

Blimey, Adam will blow his top when he sees this. I doubt someone will be happier than him about this release. Count me in too. :) A huge "Thank You" to the good people of Audio Fidelity for another great release. :)

Anyone know off hand who did the q mix? Mastering? Sorry if it was stated and I missed it.

Blimey, Adam will blow his top when he sees this. I doubt someone will be happier than him about this release. Count me in too. :) A huge "Thank You" to the good people of Audio Fidelity for another great release. :)

Get ready guys and gal(s), this is gonna be superb.. when these things sound spectacularly immersive on SQ vinyl you just know you're in for a real treat when they're fresh from the Quad master tapes.

I didn't know a thing off the album before I heard the Quad, now it's one of my most played records of the last few months.. and it is quite unlike the later "September" stuff, this is more jazzy and experimental.. fabulous.

Stunning surround mix of a gorgeous record. V.happy Simon, yes! :D Thank you AF! You are the dream makers :worthy

Yes! Yes! Yes! Open Our Eyes has been my most played AF 4.0 (along with Streetlife Serenade) so this is a no-brainer for me. A great way to celebrate Maurice's life and all the wonderful art that he left us.

Last edited:
Mike! It is F-A-B..!! Much prefer this to their Open Our Eyes Quad in every respect; not least musically it's much more interesting.. and wrt surround mix and fidelity this to me is streets ahead.

Ah, I'm excited now!

I don't think I'd ever listened to an EW&F album until I got the AF Quad of "Open Your Eyes" and really liked it, so its a definite buy for me.

Sure wish AF could get the "That's the Way of the World" album, but I guess it's already been done or claimed by "others". The lead off 1-2 punch of "Shining Star" into the title track was always a great quad demo for me.

Back