ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be interesting when they need to unconfirm. I'll wait until I hear back from unsuspecting buyers.

What seems odd to me it that the MerchNow listing for the DVD-A does not list any 2-channel content.
Having a 5.1 only DVD-A would be more strange than 2-channel only disc but at this point who knows?
I want both 2-channel and MCH but if given a choice I believe my Oppo will do a mixdown on the 5.1.

While I'm loathe to not take Neil W. at his word it gives more credence to his post that he has not responded further.
The obvious reason would be that he wants to stay in business and refrains from opining on a subject that if true is total bullshit.
If the DVD-A does not have both flavors, my order will be returned\cancelled posthaste.
I'd like to have BSS but life will easily go on without it.

Burning Shed's new description of Disc 3:

Capture.JPG

I Love the Super Deluxe release YES they should have put the FLAC files on it, As an ELP fan the 3 CD disc with the flac but no 5.1 - well I'll get a couple copies for posterity's sake. Burning Shed I must say is a great outfit. I got my Super deluxe way early and they have kept me informed and up front about the DVD-A issue. I Am keeping my order with Burning Shed for the 3 disc/deluxe sets. I don't think it's fair penalizing them for Sony Stupidity. Did we find out who the Complaint Dept is?

With all the cancellations and returns this one might end up in the cut-out bin pretty quick.

Yes, the ELP Merch site is still showing the 5.1 with the 3 disc set.

If they are keeping their word about selling it "as shown"; even if we can only get it from Merch, then that might set things straight. But it would be nice to verify this. Or at least tell someone to update the site so that no one will be duped.

Snood just canceled order - with an somewhat terse tone of why..........mentioned a lot of others are not so keen on no 5.1 on the 3 disc set.

Pity...........was looking forward to it, I already have the DVD-A - Casual ELP fan not 80 bux plus one...........grrrrrrrrrrr

Ordered from Official ELP MerchNOW site, so don't feel so bad because it is not Burning Shed

Just cancelled my order....on the bright side, I'll have more money to put towards the Division Bell box set which is much more exciting to me :)

Just spoke on the phone with Merch Now, they are drafting an email to their customers that the information they received yesterday from Razor & Tie was incorrect, and there is no 5.1 mix on the discs.

Order cancelled!

Fuck ELP, fucking assholes that don't give a shit about their customers.

I've also decided it would be good to reach out to the label, Razor and Tie, and let them know that we feel that they owe an explanation to their customers why they advertised one thing on the pre-order, and then didn't hold to their agreement. The only contact I could find for them was a press email address, [email protected]

Just spoke on the phone with Merch Now, they are drafting an email to their customers that the information they received yesterday from Razor & Tie was incorrect, and there is no 5.1 mix on the discs.

Order cancelled!

Fuck ELP, fucking assholes that don't give a shit about their customers.

Double like!!

Back