Engineer delivering fake "Atmos" mixes with only stereo content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where to you see albums disappearing?
Except in the cases of artists/labels spoon feeding individual songs from
an upcoming album release, I haven't run into any missing albums for the music
I've gone looking for on Apple?
When I first got into AM I was amazed at all the stereo stuff I found. But over time, that has changed. For example, search for early Pink Floyd like pre Atom Heart Mother. Its not there. Try Al Stewart "Past Present Future" .... Nada. There is lots of stuff in my physical (ripped) library that isn't on Apple.

There is lots of stuff in my physical (ripped) library that isn't on Apple.
Sorry LMQ, not that I doubt your experience but I was a bit surprised by the claims, specially the PF albums, I also check PF Ummygummy, Piper and Obscured, plus the Stewart Past P & F, all there.
Perhaps you have them confused with another streamer?
Cheers

When I first got into AM I was amazed at all the stereo stuff I found. But over time, that has changed. For example, search for early Pink Floyd like pre Atom Heart Mother. Its not there. Try Al Stewart "Past Present Future" .... Nada. There is lots of stuff in my physical (ripped) library that isn't on Apple.

You are trolling?

It's a wild thought to me that these services can only get away with charging $10/mo when considering the way we used to purchase music pre-2008.
From the 50s to the 80s, I think most of us found new music by listening to the radio, which was free.

Plus being subjected to an awful lot of advertising.
This is the big change. I don't know how much extra sales advertising accounted for back then but it had to be not zero. With internet replacing broadcast services, advertising became obsolete at the turn of the century. We all had to install Adblock at some point and then upgrade to Ublock a while later but I have not seen any ads or commercials since the 20th century.

Some powers that be must be getting desperate and I think that's why we're seeing all this software spoofing and planned obsolescence going wild right now.

Back