Eric Clapton

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its true, no discreet 5.1 channel mix. But in this case apparently, what they are going for here is the natural sound of this big beautiful room in this home in the English countryside where this was recorded. In that sense, it works. Hence, nothing but room ambiance in the rears.

When I'm tempted to marginalize Clapton in his old age (not much older than myself) my mind goes racing back to Wheels of Fire. White Room got lots of airplay on the AM stations and I never got tired of it. Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Clapton made Cream an Icon for me in my youth. Still digging those lyrics in White Room after +50 years.
-I came to appreciate Jack Bruce more later in life, I think he was much underrated.
By the time I got out of the military, Clapton wasn't much on my mind. Then 461 Ocean Blvd eventually came out. Not a favorite of many yet was sort of my re-introduction to Clapton and I still have the Quadradisc I bought back in '75.
Resized_20211115_120140.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back