Everything But the Girl - new album "Fuse" - blu-ray w/Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atmos is designed to play to whatever number of speakers you have. The rear and overhead channels are downmixed to the two surrounds when played on a 5.1 system.
And some AVRs will provide "virtualized" Atmos support, whereby phase tricks are used to make overhead-placed objects sound like they are coming from above, even without height speakers present. YMMV on the effectiveness thereof.

If I buy an Atmos Blu-ray like this one, will it play in a downmix to 5.1 on my Oppo? Or will I just get the two channel stereo mix? I don't really know anything about Atmos. :confused:
Sorry to give this news about the oppo and Atmos discs,

I purchased the Air 10,000hz Legend Atmos mix on Bluray,
Stuck it in my Oppo BD105 connected to my NAD via HDMI, and:

IT WILL WORK PERFECTLY!!!

He he. As long as it supports Dolby TrueHD Atmos will be supported!

Everything But the Girl will release their first album in 23 years, Fuse, on April 23rd. There will be a CD/Blu-ray option with an Atmos mix. SDE write-up here.

spread_cdblu_1024x1024.jpg
Everything But The Girl, of as we would call them Nothing But The Girl takes me back to the early 2000’s in London and lining up on Notting Hillgate Sunday afternoons with bottles of Moët to join the last party ever weekend, for Ben and Jays Lazy Dogs DJ set in the basement. Oh my, the cool mix of funk and beats was uniquely theirs. This was a legendary place and experience. One still may be buzzing from seing Sistef Bliss the night before at the Gallery, or Camden Palace, or a Groove Amanda DJ set, or Frantic party. But ever weekend would close out with Ben (Watt) and Jay.

Last summer (2022) I took my son 15 to see the Eagles in Hyde Park, and we went to visit the old Lazy Dog club, snuck my son into see a band in the club that his mum and dad tore up in 2000.

And now we have another Everything But The Girl album. It’s ordered. Thanks for this post!

Check these out, they are awesome mixes from Ben & Jay:

Sorry to give this news about the oppo and Atmos discs,

I purchased the Air 10,000hz Legend Atmos mix on Bluray,
Stuck it in my Oppo BD105 connected to my NAD via HDMI, and:

IT WILL WORK PERFECTLY!!!

He he. As long as it supports Dolby TrueHD Atmos will be supported!
I have the older BDP-83 and I'm using the analog outputs. So it might not be as compatible as yours.

I have the older BDP-83 and I'm using the analog outputs. So it might not be as compatible as yours.
The BDP-83 will decode the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 core stream internally and pass it over the analog outputs. If you want 5.1 rather than 7.1, there should be a screen in the settings menu where you select the # of speakers in your setup and it will downmix accordingly.

I'm so in for this! Complete on them incl. 2 CD UK expandeds, 12"& CD EP's, and solo projects. Have met Ben & Tracey. Caught them live. They were kind enough to autograph my Walking Wounded and Eden (UK)CD's.

I'm so behind times. Have 5 Quad and/or 5.1 home systems. Onkyo 5.1 runs as 2 ch, since it is my laundry room system! No room for other speakers. Two more are 7.1 capable, one of those is 7.1 Denon (110 x7). Running all except Laundry Room as 5.1.

Hopefully adding Atmos preamp & 4k/BD/SACD etc. drive this year
That must have been fun. What sort of venue was it? I hope it was small and intimate for you, but large and high sales for them. Lol

I’ve only seen Ben in his Lazy Dog days as a DJ in Notting Hill. Such fond memories, I loved those Lazy Dog Sundays.

Met them at a signing at Tower Records (RIP) on Clark Street in Chicago.

Had tix for the following night at the Vic in Chicago. I tried to get tix several weeks before. Sold out! Flew back from a business trip on Friday and got a message from the Vic to stop by and p/u tix. Fourth row center. Nice to have friends!

Signing was Saturday. Concert was Sunday.

Ben spent 45 minutes-ish DJ'ing before concert. It was '98, Walking 🚶‍♂️ Wounded 🚶‍♀️ tour.

Great Concert and wonderful people. Tracey and Ben couldn't have been nicer! Told Ben my next door neighbor was a ringer for him. Ben responded, "I feel sorry for the poor guy." Ben was recovering from some serious health issues at the time.

That must have been fun. What sort of venue was it? I hope it was small and intimate for you, but large and high sales for them. Lol

I’ve only seen Ben in his Lazy Dog days as a DJ in Notting Hill. Such fond memories, I loved those Lazy Dog Sundays.

Met them at a signing at Tower Records (RIP) on Clark Street in Chicago.

Had tix for the following night at the Vic in Chicago. I tried to get tix several weeks before. Sold out! Flew back from a business trip on Friday and got a message from the Vic to stop by and p/u tix. Fourth row center. Nice to have friends!

Signing was Saturday. Concert was Sunday.

Ben spent 45 minutes-ish DJ'ing before concert. It was '98, Walking 🚶‍♂️ Wounded 🚶‍♀️ tour.

Great Concert and wonderful people. Tracey and Ben couldn't have been nicer! Told Ben my next door neighbor was a ringer for him. Ben responded, "I feel sorry for the poor guy." Ben was recovering from some serious health issues at the time.
Thank you. The music lives in all of us and I love hearing the experiences we have and how our lives have changed and been influenced.

You lived in Chicago? The first time I went there was on a stop over, I had to choose Chicago or NYC and I choose Chicago just so I could go see Buddy Guys Blues Hall 23rd Dec 96. It was dead, raining and cold. My buddy John and I sat in there with just one other couple, Fingers McCormick played, there were more people on stage then us 4 off stage, then Buddy Guy and his wife came sat next to us and we hung all night. They were so so kind. Down to earth. Thanks Linda for reminding me of that memory. My dear friend John and I chasing our music dreams and deep powder in Fernie, BC.

Back